Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

deedum 03-04-2013 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this one on my new 403 vintage machine, some on my 15. Love the vintage machines. I am hooked!

chris_quilts 03-04-2013 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 5904644)
I made this one on my new 403 vintage machine, some on my 15. Love the vintage machines. I am hooked!

Nice quilt. Love the colors.

J Miller 03-05-2013 05:32 AM

deedum,

Nice and simple, I can relate to that. I like the way all your corners come together. Some of mine don't line up. I'm working on it, but sometimes they just don't.

Joe

purplefiend 03-06-2013 01:12 PM

Joe,
When your pieces don't line up properly it means that you either didn't cut it right or your seam allowance is either too wide or too narrow. Pinning everything helps too.
Sharon

purplefiend 03-06-2013 01:12 PM

Love the quilt, great colors too! What size is it?
Sharon

J Miller 03-06-2013 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5909447)
Joe,
When your pieces don't line up properly it means that you either didn't cut it right or your seam allowance is either too wide or too narrow. Pinning everything helps too.
Sharon

Sharon,

That plus with my denim quilt I'm using different types and thicknesses of denim. Some stretch, some don't. Plus so far I figure I've used two dozen machines to piece it with. They all seem to feed the material differently.

One of these days I'll figure out just which machine works the best and just use that one ..... yeah right. :)

Joe

Crossstitcher 03-07-2013 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here in WV the weather is cold and 4" of snow. So on Tues. I quilted some material to make another purse. On Wed. I made it. I got brave and put a zipper in it. It's been years since I put a zipper in any thing. I also used some new old curtain rings to anchor the straps. The material is from a curtain I bought at GoodWill. Took it apart and had enough material for two purses. Curtain cost 1.99. I am really ready for Spring.

Crossstitcher 03-07-2013 09:15 AM

I also ment to say I made this on my 301.

nanna-up-north 03-07-2013 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5911431)
Here in WV the weather is cold and 4" of snow. So on Tues. I quilted some material to make another purse. On Wed. I made it. I got brave and put a zipper in it. It's been years since I put a zipper in any thing. I also used some new old curtain rings to anchor the straps. The material is from a curtain I bought at GoodWill. Took it apart and had enough material for two purses. Curtain cost 1.99. I am really ready for Spring.

Very cute..... yep, you're ready for spring

nanna-up-north 03-07-2013 03:03 PM

Nice!! You did such a good job getting all those corners just right.