Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

chris_quilts 06-25-2013 06:33 PM

Love the spicy spiral. Very pretty. The quilt is nice too.

irishrose 06-25-2013 07:12 PM

Skip, you'll appreciate that the quilt is a Quilt of Valor. It's going to be delivered to a local injured female soldier by the social worker from the VA clinic. I just need to do the presentation case and the label to QOV's specs.

nanna-up-north 06-26-2013 05:01 AM

Darcy, I just love those bunnies..... is there a pattern? I make a lot of baby quilts and would love to copy if you don't mind.

Irishrose, your quilts are wonderful.... and such a great gift for that injured soldier. She will be so proud to have your loving gesture wrapped around her.

purplefiend 06-26-2013 08:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 6143951)
Skip, you'll appreciate that the quilt is a Quilt of Valor. It's going to be delivered to a local injured female soldier by the social worker from the VA clinic. I just need to do the presentation case and the label to QOV's specs.

Irishrose,
Thank you for making QOV, I'm sure that she'll love it. Your quilt is bright and cheery. "Thank You Quilters", is the group that I sew wounded soldier quilts with. We've been making children's quilts lately too. Our quilts go to the soldiers and their families at Fort Hood Army base in Killeen,Texas. I attached 3 of the quilts that I quilted and bound. My group gets quilt tops from all over the USA and we quilt and bind them.
Sharon

Glenn 06-26-2013 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 6143951)

Irishrose, there is nothing more wonderful than a quilt of valor. Being reitired after 25 years of service and a veteran of two wars I understand what an honor to give this QOV to a wounded soldier. I have placed a special star by your name in my heart. Thank you
Skip

Crossstitcher 06-26-2013 04:16 PM

Irishrose I love your quilts. Those that receive them will love them.

irishrose 06-26-2013 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's today's finish. It was too hot to weed the garden so I finished this simple quilt for my ex-husband in a nursing home - that's why it's long and narrow (65 by 90). Those hospital beds are odd. He says his fav colors are cranberry and purple. The pinkish strip is cranberry and the purple is darker.
I pieced this on a 15 clone - it didn't do as perfect a job as the 301 does, but she was busy. The presser foot was too tight on the MW, but I've since figured it out. FMQ on the 301, of course.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421325[/ATTACH]

nanna-up-north 06-27-2013 04:25 AM

Irishrose, it's beautiful!! I have a twin bed that it would look lovely on...... just saying!

purplefiend 06-27-2013 10:36 AM

Irishrose,
The zig zag quilt is beautiful!
Sharon

Windblown 06-27-2013 12:32 PM

Irishrose, Besides being wonderfully constructed, the colors in this quilt are beautiful and the thought behind its is wonderful too.
~Karen