Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

BoJangles 10-17-2011 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Here are two of my veterans quilts I have made using my "Vintage Ladies" one was a 1919 red eye for peicing and quilting then used a davis VF for the bindings. One quilt is a one piece and just quilted. The star quilt I got the idea from Irish Rose here on the board.

Trish, Very nice quilts! I like the idea of star motif for a veterans quilt. Do you often make quilts for the veterans?
It's a wonderful thank for their duty.

Yes I do make about 6 quilts a year for them and my quilt club makes them also. But the best part is we get to hand deliver all the quilts at the hospital. The veterans are so appreciative of them and we all get great hugs.

Trish that is so cool! Great job on those quilts! I really respect all of you who have the resolve to make quilts for others who need them!

And thank you Trish, Monica, Bennett, and Sharon, I like my Scarecrow too!

Nancy

pumpkinpatchquilter 10-18-2011 09:01 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I use my featherweight for most of my piecing...ESPECIALLY for paper piecing. Here's a few projects I've paper pieced on my featherweight...

BoJangles 10-18-2011 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter
I use my featherweight for most of my piecing...ESPECIALLY for paper piecing. Here's a few projects I've paper pieced on my featherweight...

Pumpkinpatch, Wow those are absolutely gorgeous!

Nancy

purplefiend 10-18-2011 11:06 AM

Pumpkinpatch,
Awesome quilts! I love them all! :thumbup:

vintagemotif 10-18-2011 11:32 AM

Pumpkinpatch, Very nice work! I love that kitty in the center of the one.

Crossstitcher 10-18-2011 03:28 PM

Pumpkinpatch, Those quilts are just beautiful. I have never tried to do all those points yet. You did a great job.

Glenn 10-24-2011 07:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My avatar quilt is made with a Singer 66(1908 Lotus) Thought I would post it here were it belongs.
Glenn

miriam 10-24-2011 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn
My avatar quilt is made with a Singer 66(1908 Lotus) Thought I would post it here were it belongs.
Glenn

Very nice. I love the hand work too!

sewbizgirl 10-24-2011 08:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am working on this log cabin and star quilt for my son. I'm piecing it on a Featherweight...

Civil War Log Cabin in progress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276464[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 10-24-2011 08:56 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I also pieced these two on my avatar machine... Singer 66-1 treadle. I quilted them on my vintage Bernina Record 830.

Pooh Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276468[/ATTACH]

Quick and Simple Baby Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276469[/ATTACH]