Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

Candace 03-27-2012 06:37 AM

Nancy, no it's regular cotton. Your log cabin came out great. I just scrolled up a bit and saw I missed your posting. Did you FMQ it on your frame?

BoJangles 03-27-2012 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5093995)
Nancy, no it's regular cotton. Your log cabin came out great. I just scrolled up a bit and saw I missed your posting. Did you FMQ it on your frame?

Yes, I have to admit I did the FM on the frame! It was pieced with my FW mostly in the Strip Therapy sessions at Shared Stitches. The rows were put together, borders pieced and sewn on, and binding made with my 319w in treadle. The only thing I used 'modern' was the long arm for quilting. I am not as fast at FM nor as good as you are; and, I had to get this quilt done as we are doing one a month. That Curved Log Cabin was the February quilt. I have the March one done too, but not quilted yet. I try to get them quilted before I take a photo. I am starting the April one tomorrow evening at Shared Stitches. They are doing Strip Therapy every Wednesday evening!

Nancy

littlesurfer 03-27-2012 10:44 AM

Candace, I love the Christmas quilt you just finished. Your SIL will be very happy to receive it as a Christmas gift.

Candace 03-27-2012 11:26 AM

And Nancy, I'm jealous of your frame! I want a longarm badly. Only need the space and the money! That's not too much to ask, right??

vintagemotif 03-27-2012 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5094596)
Yes, I have to admit I did the FM on the frame! It was pieced with my FW mostly in the Strip Therapy sessions at Shared Stitches. The rows were put together, borders pieced and sewn on, and binding made with my 319w in treadle. The only thing I used 'modern' was the long arm for quilting. I am not as fast at FM nor as good as you are; and, I had to get this quilt done as we are doing one a month. That Curved Log Cabin was the February quilt. I have the March one done too, but not quilted yet. I try to get them quilted before I take a photo. I am starting the April one tomorrow evening at Shared Stitches. They are doing Strip Therapy every Wednesday evening!

Nancy

This will be fun to see your quilt each month. That's a lot of work. I'll be here to cheer you on!!! Looking forward to your March quilt.

BoJangles 03-28-2012 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]323380[/ATTACH]
Here is a little Monthly Mini I just finished! All the decorative stitches on the eggs were done with my Rocketeer, 503a, while sitting at the kitchen counter so I could watch TV with DH.
Nancy

vintagemotif 03-28-2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5097231)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]323380[/ATTACH]
Here is a little Monthly Mini I just finished! All the decorative stitches on the eggs were done with my Rocketeer, 503a, while sitting at the kitchen counter so I could watch TV with DH.
Nancy

Nancy, This is so adorable!!! I love it!!! I love how you used your decorative stitching on the colorful Easter eggs. Too cute!

vintagemotif 03-28-2012 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a table runner that I made about two years ago after purchasing my first vintage machine Singer 15-91 (the 15-91, now belongs to my daughter). I had this as my Easter display last year; it's an East meets West Spring theme. This year, I have a runner on table that my daughter made. I'm planning to quilt it using my Davis NVF.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]323403[/ATTACH]

Candace 03-28-2012 02:58 PM

Nancy, that is too cute!! And Monica, that asian inspired bunny fabric is adorable. I've never seen anything like it.

vintagemotif 03-28-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5097850)
Nancy, that is too cute!! And Monica, that asian inspired bunny fabric is adorable. I've never seen anything like it.

The bunny was fabric from a purse that I cut up to use in this runner. Since the purse was never used, I just recycled the fabric.