Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

purplefiend 10-08-2012 10:26 AM

Nanna-up -north,
Beautiful quilt! I'm impressed greatly that you did the FMQ on your FW. Where did you get the light blue skateboarder fabric/which fabric company?
Sharon W.

nanna-up-north 10-08-2012 01:46 PM

Thanks, totosmom. I love doing echo quilting.

Originally Posted by totosmom (Post 5570947)
WOW! That is awesome, Nana! Great colors and I particularly like the echo quilting in the medallion. Good job!

nanna-up-north 10-08-2012 01:53 PM

Sharon (purplefiend), thank you. I don't know the fabric company. Along the selvage it says, Joy Allen(that's a guess because it's in cursive) for Elizabeth's Studio llc. I bought it online last fall but I don't remember the site. I think I googled skateboarder fabric. I used what I had left for the backing so there isn't much of a selvage to find.

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5570970)
Nanna-up -north,
Beautiful quilt! I'm impressed greatly that you did the FMQ on your FW. Where did you get the light blue skateboarder fabric/which fabric company?
Sharon W.

Glenn 10-08-2012 02:37 PM

Nana, really a very nice quilt. I like it
Skip

nanna-up-north 10-08-2012 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5571503)
Nana, really a very nice quilt. I like it
Skip

Thanks, Glenn..... Oh, I forgot to ask you, did you get any fish on your fishing trip? Our fishing up here in the northwoods has come to a stop.... boat in for the winter...... getting ready to head to warmer weather.

Glenn 10-08-2012 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 5571660)
Thanks, Glenn..... Oh, I forgot to ask you, did you get any fish on your fishing trip? Our fishing up here in the northwoods has come to a stop.... boat in for the winter...... getting ready to head to warmer weather.

Nana I hate to say this but Pat caught the fish this time I got skunked
Skip

miriam 10-08-2012 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5571703)
Skip

You know all you cared about was drowning worms...

Glenn 10-08-2012 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5571710)
You know all you cared about was drowning worms...

I think of it as feeding the fish so they will grow bigger so I can catch them next time. Miriam you are a hoot....

nanna-up-north 10-08-2012 04:59 PM

That happens sometimes at this house, too. It's good that you and my DH just laugh it off and still have a good time. You both know that there are times when we get skunked, too.

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5571703)
Skip

Glenn 10-09-2012 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 5571774)
That happens sometimes at this house, too. It's good that you and my DH just laugh it off and still have a good time. You both know that there are times when we get skunked, too.

Pat and I do have such fun when camping and fishing and if fish are caught it just means a very good dinner. Being together on the outing is the fun part.
Skip

PS I need to stay home this winter and get the three quilts finished that I have started last year:o