Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

MisDixie 06-11-2011 10:47 AM

Hello all, Back in Jan. I posted a picture of 'Rose' on page 531. She is missing the cover for the thread take up lever. Well I have been looking at parts sites to find a replacement and so far no luck. Rose is a 1924 Singer 127, made in Canada. As far as I can remember it was a silver tooled plate with a large thumb screw, but as I have had her for 38 years I could be wrong on that! Can anyone give me some idea as to where to look for that cover? Thanks Dixie

quiltdoctor 06-11-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Look what came in the mail today!!!
I bought a Singer hand crank last week on E-bay. She is a K28 model made in 1902. When I was taking pictures and looking her over, I noticed that inside the back plate, her serial number is scratched into the japanning. Does anyone know why that would have been done??

Texas Jan

Texas Jan, congratulations on your cute little hand crank! We all want to see pictures after she is shinned up!

Nancy

It may be a little while before I do that one. I have a New Home Ruby that I need to finish first. I got the bug BAD and have bought 4 in the last 6 weeks.

Bad me,

Texas Jan

nannie 06-11-2011 02:20 PM

Your Red Eye is beautiful, cabinet is gorgious.
Just bought a RE myself this week.

okiepastor 06-11-2011 02:33 PM

[quote=cabbagepatchkid][quote=purplefiend]

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by deplaylady

Originally Posted by jljack

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

If my husband wouldn't kill me (and if I had the money and space) after buying the featherweight and the 99, I would love to have this! The case is really cool and it would be neat to have a treadle!

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2409565933.html

Pretty cabinet and machine! The decals on the machine is Tiffany or Gingerbread.

The machine is a Singer 15-30, beautiful machine & OMG the parlor cabinet is to die for!

I have that same cabinet but mine is really dark and I don't like it but I do like the one in the ad. I wonder if it's possible to lighten a darkened cabinet by removing the shellac/varnish.

You can use the Homer Formby products to clean up all the old "gunk" and make it pretty again....

okiepastor 06-11-2011 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Hi, I am now an official member of the vintage sewing machine owner's club! Don't know why, but I am a little terrified of it. Can anyone help ID the exact model for me? Serial number is GO108195. I'd really like to find a manual. And a little hand holding would be good, too! :roll:

What a beauty! congrats!

Grandmother23 06-11-2011 02:45 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62186-1.htm

Billy you have been holding out on us! Bar-b-que pit????

Glenn 06-11-2011 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Hi, I am now an official member of the vintage sewing machine owner's club! Don't know why, but I am a little terrified of it. Can anyone help ID the exact model for me? Serial number is GO108195. I'd really like to find a manual. And a little hand holding would be good, too! :roll:

You have a 66 Red Eye made in 1910, 50,000 alloted Jan 8, 1910. It is a side clamp and was originally a treadle but I see the irons are gone(meaning the foot treadle and the wheel. Glenn

BoJangles 06-11-2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by amBoo
This board is such a bad influence! This is my last sewing machine purchase. Really. I mean it. I picked up this 15-91 last week for $45. The cabinet needs refinishing but the machine is in excellent condition. Can you see what is in the open drawer? This is the seller's picture. It's a penguin walking foot in a little box.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a featherweight 222 in very good condition, lovely clean case for $460. I thought it was a good deal. Then there's the 301 card table I just got that needs to be cleaned up and legs repainted.

Enough!! Well, unless something else comes along calling my name!

Nancy

Nancy that is a really good deal on a 222!!! The 15-91 looks really clean and it looks like it is in great shape! Congratulations and your two new machines!

Nancy

lee231 06-11-2011 04:04 PM

Singer 201-2 on local CL. $100 Someone needs this, desk and stool, attachments and instruction booklet.

[email protected]

QuilterGary 06-11-2011 05:03 PM

Well I got a 301A NA236668. I have been looking for some time and missed some of them but I landed a 301A black long bed. Bobbin case missing but other than that the case is in good shape and it runs. I will get a bobbin case and get it cleaned up and get some pictures posted. I also got a modern White Model 1777. I need to stop and count the number of machines I have. Vintage machines 2 ea 201-2, 15-91, 99, FW, 301A, 15 clone and a Kenmore godzilla (for $10 it followed me home). I know I am far behind some of you but I just started a few weeks ago of really looking. I do not have any treadles, just no room right now.