Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

vintagemotif 02-27-2012 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 5014404)
Hey Vintagemotif--Looks a lot like a my Damascus National IEB. As soon as I saw the words hexagon shaped, I knew they had to be related. Mine has been dated at 1890 and is in a parlor cabinet. I restored the cabinet back in the '90's but still haven't restored the machine. Some not so kind soul scratched all the red and green jewel decals off. GRRRR

Texas Jan

That cabinet is GORGEOUS!! The machine does look similar to mine, just the stitch length regulator is in a different position. So sad that someone did that to the decals. The hexagon shape must have been a design that Eldredge liked and National continued with for some time.

Bennett 02-27-2012 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 5008077)
Nancy, I called on this Davis and left her a quote. someone had offered $175, but she said if it didn't sell, she would give me a call.

Texas Jan

Let us know if you get it!

Charlee 02-27-2012 06:02 PM

Jan, that cabinet is gorgeous!

quiltdoctor 02-27-2012 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5014446)
That cabinet is GORGEOUS!! The machine does look similar to mine, just the stitch length regulator is in a different position. So sad that someone did that to the decals. The hexagon shape must have been a design that Eldredge liked and National continued with for some time.

That cabinet came home in pieces and boxes and 3 paper sacks of slivers of veneer. DH thought I had lost my mind. I have before pictures somewhere, but haven't been able to locate them. It is needing some minor repair again after almost 20 years since I did it originally, plus want to do the machine too this time.

Texas Jan

quiltdoctor 02-27-2012 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett (Post 5014462)
Let us know if you get it!

I haven't heard a thing yet. If I don't by week end, I'll probably call her. (Like I really need another machine)

Texas Jan

quiltdoctor 02-27-2012 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5014491)
Jan, that cabinet is gorgeous!

Thanks, Charlee,

Texas Jan

vintagemotif 02-27-2012 07:10 PM

Texas Jan, Your machine looks more like the National Governor A machine. Google National Governor A sewing machine for an image.

vintagemotif 02-27-2012 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5014666)
Texas Jan, Your machine looks more like the National Governor A machine. Google National Governor A sewing machine for an image.

The Eldredge B sewing machine looks more like mine. Decals on all these machines are of course different.

And it's DamasusAnnie that has National "The Eldredge" that is close to what mine looks like, just minus the swinging oil plate left top front. Her machine's decals are gorgeous!!!

sew wishful 02-28-2012 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5014149)
Ooooooooooo!! How much are they asking for it?

I have one of these, but the bobbin winder is all messed up....I can't get it out of the "engaged" mode! So the motor whines, but the needle doesn't go up and down. Hope that describes it... I love the machine's look, too, but it needs someone smarter than me to work on it. (Talking about the green Viking).

BoJangles 02-28-2012 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 5014404)
Hey Vintagemotif--Looks a lot like a my Damascus National IEB. As soon as I saw the words hexagon shaped, I knew they had to be related. Mine has been dated at 1890 and is in a parlor cabinet. I restored the cabinet back in the '90's but still haven't restored the machine. Some not so kind soul scratched all the red and green jewel decals off. GRRRR

Texas Jan

Jan that cabinet is absolutely gorgeous! It looks so solid too, what a nice piece of furniture! It is hard to believe it arrived broken in any way! What a great job you did!

Monica, your stars are exquisite! I have never tried paper piecing, but seeing those red stars makes me want to give it a try - on something small anyway!

Nancy