Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Janis 05-17-2012 10:35 PM

Chris, what's that silver thing on the right side of the top of your machine? Is it the stitch regulator? That is a pretty machine! What year is it? I know nothing about Bernina machines, except that it is a good name brand.

miriam 05-18-2012 01:07 AM

Nancy when I get a response from CL and it has the same title as my ad, I ignore it. Those are usually sent back as spam. I look for a different title and a phone number or I ignore the email. If the email says 'do you still have the item?' I ignore the email. If the ad says 'I want to buy your item' I ignore the email.

SewExtremeSeams 05-18-2012 07:02 AM

Chris: Fritz is beautiful. What year was he made?

SewExtremeSeams 05-18-2012 07:06 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my 1947 FW. I have had her for about 2.5 years. Her name is Chula after my Grandma Chula. I have her sitting on a vintage desk that belonged to my Grandma Chula. On each side of the desk the top drawer has a glass top. I don't know much about the desk but I love it for a lot of sentimental reasons.

grayhare 05-18-2012 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
She is all clean inside and out, a lot of hours and elbow grease!

BoJangles 05-18-2012 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5225166)
Nancy when I get a response from CL and it has the same title as my ad, I ignore it. Those are usually sent back as spam. I look for a different title and a phone number or I ignore the email. If the email says 'do you still have the item?' I ignore the email. If the ad says 'I want to buy your item' I ignore the email.

Hummm, I never change the title - but, I do put my phone number. Geeze, Miriam if you really want to sell the item why ignore a response. If I list something, I check all the responses I get - even the ones that ask 'do you still have the item.' There are lazy people out there that sell something and don't remove the ad. Most people wouldn't change the title - I'm guessing - unless they do an awful lot of buying off of Craigslist. Most people would just do a reply to the ad. I do a reply, ask for their phone number, location, and put in my phone # and location. I am always very polite. I usually get responses. I have several machines I bought off of Craigslist. It is the ones that don't put a phone number that seem to ignore e-mails.

Nancy

BoJangles 05-18-2012 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5225694)
Here is my 1947 FW. I have had her for about 2.5 years. Her name is Chula after my Grandma Chula. I have her sitting on a vintage desk that belonged to my Grandma Chula. On each side of the desk the top drawer has a glass top. I don't know much about the desk but I love it for a lot of sentimental reasons.

Linda, what a beautiful way to display your Featherweight!

Nancy

Janis 05-18-2012 07:29 AM

Linda, Chula is very pretty. I love the desk that she is on. That is a beautiful desk and is very fitting for a vintage machine.

WOW!!! grayhare, your machine really cleaned up nicely. What pretty decals. The hours and hours and elbow grease really payed off!!
Janis

jljack 05-18-2012 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 5224765)
Nancy, Haven't been on in a while but do have pictures of Fritz.

Wow, Chris, that's a beautiful machine!!

jljack 05-18-2012 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5225694)

Linda, love that desk! And the FW is really pretty too!!