Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

nurseknitsLaura 01-08-2013 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=BoJangles;5771031]Ok I have never had a machine dropped on my porch like Steve just had, but I got a call from a guy who was given my name by someone I must of met at a sewing social. He wants me to take his wife's grandmother's Jone's treadle that has been in their family from the beginning. He says it is in pristine shape.

why can't I get a call for a Jones? I have a t

ouch and sew that was dropped on the porch still lurking there....not a Jones in site.:p:p ( Don't worry, it's an enclosed porch.) Laura

DanofNJ 01-08-2013 08:57 PM

Seeing those two Jones machines are a beautiful site...OMG!!! They should be in a museum.

vintagemotif 01-08-2013 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5772284)
Well here is my Jones "treadle!" I swear we had a long conversation before Christmas about this "treadle" cabinet with a pristine Jones sewing machine! Well, as you can see the[ATTACH=CONFIG]386858[/ATTACH] person who had this machine has no idea what a treadle is! Meet the twin to my first HC Jones machine![ATTACH=CONFIG]386859[/ATTACH] I am actually glad the Jones turned out to be another HC and not a treadle! I don't have room for another treadle! Oh and Muv, my bad! I still haven't fixed the tension on the first machine, which is pretty obvious with them side by side!

Nancy

Nancy, Your Jones machines are lovely! Congrats!!

Mizkaki 01-08-2013 09:37 PM

Nancy,

I'll be glad to take one off your hands if the burden of too many Jones gets too much. VBG

Cathy

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5772284)
Well here is my Jones "treadle!" I swear we had a long conversation before Christmas about this "treadle" cabinet with a pristine Jones sewing machine! Well, as you can see the person who had this machine has no idea what a treadle is! Meet the twin to my first HC Jones machine! I am actually glad the Jones turned out to be another HC and not a treadle! I don't have room for another treadle! Oh and Muv, my bad! I still haven't fixed the tension on the first machine, which is pretty obvious with them side by side!

Nancy

Mizkaki 01-08-2013 09:55 PM

Steve,

The Freia was made by Fisher-Mewa. They also made the Fisher-Mewa KOMA.
I am lucky to have acquired a KOMA a few years ago. Neat machine and very small, but it weighs a bloody ton. If you want to fondle it you and Heather have to make another trip up here.
If you'd like I can post pictures when I get home Saturday.

Cathy

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5771786)
THANKS Joe... now I have ANOTHER machine to look for(acquire)... a Freia.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/DDR-Kult-Reisenahmaschine-FREIA-Bakelit-selten-DDR-sewing-machine-rare-/300840132649?pt=DDR_Ostalgie&hash=item460b782029#h t_1062wt_132

nanna-up-north 01-09-2013 05:20 AM

Nancy, The machines are fabulous!!! I would certainly make room for one of those

BoJangles 01-09-2013 06:37 AM

Steve, Judy, Laura, Dan, Monica, Cathy, and Jean, thank you all! These are pretty little machines! I have some long bobbins coming from the UK for the first Jones HC. It is great because those long bobbins will work for both machines! I also bought some needles - so I will be able sit down and see how well these little twins can sew!

I really wanted the Jones with the huge yellow rose on the bed! That machine is drop dead gorgeous, but oh well these two are really pretty too.

Nancy

BoJangles 01-09-2013 06:46 AM

I am cleaning out my little sewing machine cargo unit. Yesterday, we took 4 cabinets from the 50's era to the dump. They were not in good shape - veneer peeling, etc. I can now get around in there and maybe sew a little this spring with the doors open wide!

Cathy, I have that 201 with the bent needle shaft - you can have it if you want it for a parts machine, or to fix? I don't want to mess with that machine. I also have 2, 66-6 side clamping heads from 1926 you can have for parts or to re-home if you like. They are both in good shape. I am cleaning up! I gave another granddaughter a really nice 401a with attachments - I have a 500a and a 503a that I like better! I gave a friend the Viking 6010 with everything - I like the Pfaffs better, just couldn't bond with that Viking! I am only keeping the machines I know I will use and the ones I really like!

Nancy

BoJangles 01-09-2013 06:57 AM

Geeze, I just tried to do a count of the machines I will still have after giving a few away! I think I still have at least 55 machines! I am a lost cause!

Nancy

Glenn 01-09-2013 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=BoJangles;5773408]Steve, Judy, Laura, Dan, Monica, Cathy, and Jean, thank you all! These are pretty little machines! I have some long bobbins coming from the UK for the first Jones HC. It is great because those long bobbins will work for both machines! I also bought some needles - so I will be able sit down and see how well these little twins can sew

Your twins are beautiful.
Skip