Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 01-14-2013 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5786114)
Normal is a relative term

I have close relatives that AREN'T normal. I have a blood test - I'm normal.

Crossstitcher 01-14-2013 03:26 PM

I'd save that blood test results for future use against the relatives that aren't normal.

miriam 01-14-2013 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5786414)
I'd save that blood test results for future use against the relatives that aren't normal.

sorta like a trump card?

Crossstitcher 01-14-2013 03:32 PM

yep! Never know when you may need it to defend yourself. Maybe I should get a blood test. but wait it may not turn out normal.

miriam 01-14-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5786431)
yep! Never know when you may need it to defend yourself. Maybe I should get a blood test. but wait it may not turn out normal.

Had me worried sick they would find out the truth...

vintagemotif 01-14-2013 05:29 PM

I went zig-zagging with my Ferrari today! I hooked up the motor to my Necchi Supernova just to see how fast the machine would go. I forgot how fast the Necchi Supernova can go, and how quiet it sews. After treadling for so long, it was a bit daunting to deal with that speed while sewing. All I was doing was zig-zagging the edges of the material for a pair of pants that I started today. I prefer to treadle.

Glenn 01-14-2013 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5786492)
Had me worried sick they would find out the truth...

Now you know why I don't get blood test:D

BoJangles 01-15-2013 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5785978)
No new post on here for a while. Guess everyone is repairing,refinishing machines or quilting up a storm. Hope everyone is ok and just busy. I have been busy quilting and DH busy working on a machine.

Trish I think everyone's busy trying to keep their New Year's resolutions! I am busy trying to finish all my unfinished projects, then after swearing I would not start another quilt until I finish a couple that have been sitting around - I started another Mystery Quilt! But, in my defense, I got two quilts quilted, working on the 3rd one now! So I guess I am not completely breaking my New Year's resolution yet!

Nancy

BoJangles 01-15-2013 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5786709)
I went zig-zagging with my Ferrari today! I hooked up the motor to my Necchi Supernova just to see how fast the machine would go. I forgot how fast the Necchi Supernova can go, and how quiet it sews. After treadling for so long, it was a bit daunting to deal with that speed while sewing. All I was doing was zig-zagging the edges of the material for a pair of pants that I started today. I prefer to treadle.

Geeze, Monica I know what you mean going from treadling to electric! I was in a Mystery class Sunday all day with the pedal to the medal going on all 10 machines there! It was crazy! I came home with most of the clues done because I was going with the flow - pedal to the metal using my 301. Now, I am enlarging the quilt top - making extra blocks - using my 319w in treadle - much more relaxing way to sew!

Nancy

BoJangles 01-15-2013 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tammy Jeann (Post 5786175)
So here is the Wilson Rotary all cleaned up.. And she is sewing up pretty little lines.
If you have a spare minute there is a funny story on my blog about what happened last night.. lol involves my boyfriend and the Wilson.
I should have taken a picture of the knots he created.. :shock:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388103[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]388104[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]388105[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]388106[/ATTACH]

Tammi, yep I can relate to what your boyfriend did! Men just have to mess with stuff! Nice Wilson! You know, your Wilson was made by White. You can date that machine going to the White site. It looks like your machine is in very good shape. Congratulations on getting it all ready to go! I hope your boyfriend enjoys making his jean's quilt!

Nancy