Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

mindless 07-20-2013 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by vanginney (Post 6106956)
Love the purple! I would like to do that to a FW but I would need more that one before I would take the plunge. I just finished cleaning up two baby blue sewing machines...o natural :) Here are the pics. The white took a whole bottle of WD40 and i eventually had to lightly scrub the caked on oil with steel wool. Nothing else worked!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417454[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417453[/ATTACH]

LOVE these! That Singer is the same model that I received for my 9th birthday. Still have it & it still works beautifully! Love the purple too!

DanofNJ 07-21-2013 07:15 AM

Grant15Clone....really nice job. I restored one too and it's very satisfying. By the time you've taken apart everything, rewired, etc...you can fix nearly any machine. Super job!!!! and one of my favorite machines of all time.

drgranny 07-21-2013 09:43 AM

I bought a 930 several years ago. The woman selling it had an 830 that she really loved. Someone talked her into buying a new 930. She took one class on it and never used it again. She was developing macular degeneration and felt that her old 830 was more familiar to her. So I got this virtually new machine for $950. I love this machine. My Bernina dealer told me that this machine was intended to be the work horse of the Bernina line and was hoped to be its best selling machine. However, it has 30 something different materials used in the mechanics and proved to be to expensive to make for a reasonable price. So it was nit produced for very many years. Love it!!! You really got a bargin!

grant15clone 07-22-2013 12:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DanofNJ (Post 6188384)
Grant15Clone....really nice job. I restored one too and it's very satisfying. By the time you've taken apart everything, rewired, etc...you can fix nearly any machine. Super job!!!! and one of my favorite machines of all time.

Thanks Dan. It is more intimidating than it really is.
I lucked into a deal that I couldn't pass up AGAIN today. I found a Minnesota H in a parlor cabinet that just had to come home with me for a really good price. I'm in the doghouse tonight I am sure, but when I see a good deal, I have to take it.
~G~
[ATTACH=CONFIG]425284[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]425286[/ATTACH]

chris_quilts 07-22-2013 01:58 PM

Grant,

Beautiful machine and cabinet. It would have come home with me too if reasonably priced. Hope the doghouse is air-conditioned. :D

JudyTheSewer 07-22-2013 04:29 PM

Actually, a consequence of a night in a doghouse for acquiring a new machine sounds like a good deal to me :). I might have to build me one of those for the back yard so I can keep bringing machines home :D:D

miriam 07-22-2013 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer (Post 6190984)
Actually, a consequence of a night in a doghouse for acquiring a new machine sounds like a good deal to me :). I might have to build me one of those for the back yard so I can keep bringing machines home :D:D

I am in BIG trouble. DH COUNTED my sewing machines today............ He got up to 151... there are sure to be more........ darn things hide.

manicmike 07-22-2013 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6190996)
He got up to 151... there are sure to be more

151 is amazing - envious that you're able to have so many Miriam. Curses on your DH's mathematics teacher ;)

miriam 07-23-2013 02:08 AM

It's time to take pictures and put ads on CL... intervention or what ever. Glenn and Pat are coming and I think we are going to match up frankentreadles and if we are lucky some might actually all be there. They take up a lot of room. Then there are cabinets. We have way too many of them. Then I am going to move my shop - now there will be a challenge. Getting 150 machines into a smaller space and have room to work on them.............

nanna-up-north 07-23-2013 05:25 AM

Grant, your Minnesota is lovely..... beautiful case, too. What's a night in the doghouse.... it's worth it for that machine.

Miriam.... 151??? I'm impressed. I can't imagine having that many but I haven't sold any or done anything other than very minor repairs. When I see a machine that's in rough shape I'm too scared to tackle it. You all give me a little confidence but I'm sorry to say, I've passed up a few that I should have gotten. But, there's no way I could convince my guys to walk around 151 machines.