Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

Mizkaki 06-27-2013 04:13 PM

I'd love to join you. But...1) have to work for a living, 2) little under the weather this week (nasty way to spend vacation), 3) doubt that either one of use could survive that amount of fun. :D:D:D

Cathy

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6147239)
I have been trying to figure out a road trip ever since I laid eyes on it. Makes me itchy, too, Cathy. Wouldn't it be fun???

miriam 06-27-2013 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 6147364)
I'd love to join you. But...1) have to work for a living, 2) little under the weather this week (nasty way to spend vacation), 3) doubt that either one of use could survive that amount of fun. :D:D:D

Cathy

sigh - same here.......... then kick in the Health Department demands that we get the house painted... sigh.. eminent domain... they can now make you do anything.... purple orange green paint anybody??????????

pennycandy 06-27-2013 06:22 PM

Miriam you could do a "fancy" paint job. Several years ago a small local business owner wanted to place a sign so customers could find the business. The city had granted him permission to run the business from his home but zoning laws would not permit the sign. The city stated it would be a nuisance to his neighbors. It was nonsense considering there were only two apartment buildings several hundred feet from his building, traffic would not go by the apartment buildings and the sign would not be lit. So in retaliation, he painted his house pumpkin orange with bright cobalt blue spots.

miriam 06-27-2013 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by pennycandy (Post 6147570)
Miriam you could do a "fancy" paint job. Several years ago a small local business owner wanted to place a sign so customers could find the business. The city had granted him permission to run the business from his home but zoning laws would not permit the sign. The city stated it would be a nuisance to his neighbors. It was nonsense considering there were only two apartment buildings several hundred feet from his building, traffic would not go by the apartment buildings and the sign would not be lit. So in retaliation, he painted his house pumpkin orange with bright cobalt blue spots.

It has crossed my mind a few times. Back in the 1980s we lived in Cincinnati. One morning real early we heard ladders across the street. I peeked out the window and told DH someone was painting the house across the street. We got up and the whole front of the house was purple. Yup. PURPLE. When the strange old man died his family painted the house blue before the funeral. But when anybody asked where we lived we would give the street and they would ask if it was anywhere near the purple house...

SteveH 06-28-2013 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6147351)
ROTFLMBO - right - and then have to rebuild the thing...

You say that like it is a bad thing....hehe

frudemoo 06-28-2013 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by pennycandy (Post 6147570)
so in retaliation, he painted his house pumpkin orange with bright cobalt blue spots.

awesomeness!!!!!

SteveH 07-01-2013 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally took down the kick press and made room for the Singer 29-4 out in the shop where she belongs.

I have to admit, she looks pretty tiny in that company...
(To the left is a Benchmaster 10t punch press, to the right a 1944 USMC Clicker (20t die cutter)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]422170[/ATTACH]

Charlee 07-01-2013 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6145971)
He's got a will???

Yep! And it says I get first choice of any and all of his machines....right after Miz Pat, of course!! :D :D :D

miriam 07-02-2013 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 6154903)
Yep! And it says I get first choice of any and all of his machines....right after Miz Pat, of course!! :D :D :D

I'll be sure to tell him not to eat any brownies you send... :D:D

haylillan 07-09-2013 11:10 AM

v2

3 Attachment(s)
what is a v2 treadle machine why and what makes it called that?