Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

Rodney 05-09-2014 09:54 AM

Congrats on the new granddaughter!
Rodney

19cats 05-09-2014 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 6710242)
Hubby and I are new grandparents. Katie Anne was born early Saturday morning. The photos won't load, so I can't show you our beautiful granddaughter. :mad:
Sharon

Congratulations! My first grandchild is due the end of July.

SteveH 05-09-2014 10:25 AM

Congratulations!!!!

SewExtremeSeams 05-09-2014 03:03 PM

Congratulations Purplefiend on your new granddaughter. Enjoy her!

frudemoo 05-09-2014 03:10 PM

Hubby and I are new grandparents. Katie Anne was born early Saturday morning. The photos won't load, so I can't show you our beautiful granddaughter. :mad:
Sharon

Congratulations!!

Glenn 05-09-2014 03:12 PM

Congrats to you and your husband on the new grandbaby.
Skip

miriam 05-10-2014 02:18 AM

Sharon

Granddaughters are very cool - if they make a mess you just yell for Mommy:cool:

SewExtremeSeams 05-10-2014 06:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is my newly acquired 1889 Wilcox & Gibbs Treadle. I named her Katie. I love everything about this little machine. It was frozen when I first brought her home. With SteveH's advice, I let it sit with oil over night and wahlah... It purrs like a kitten now. Needles that i ordered from TreadleLady just arrived. Can't wait to sew on it. It doesn't seem much bigger than a lot of toy vintage machines that I see on eBay. It measures a little over 10" wide and about 9" at its highest point. There isn't any rust that I can see.

oldsewnsew 05-10-2014 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 6711908)
Here is my newly acquired 1889 Wilcox & Gibbs Treadle. I named her Katie. I love everything about this little machine. It was frozen when I first brought her home. With SteveH's advice, I let it sit with oil over night and wahlah... It purrs like a kitten now. Needles that i ordered from TreadleLady just arrived. Can't wait to sew on it. It doesn't seem much bigger than a lot of toy vintage machines that I see on eBay. It measures a little over 10" wide and about 9" at its highest point. There isn't any rust that I can see.

Nice that you got the whole treadle rig with it! I just got the New Home version and will have to improvise.

SteveH 05-10-2014 10:04 PM

well done! that is nice. Now to collect a full set of accessories... hehe

Mine sews SO smoothly and quietly. always a pleasure to use. congrats!