Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 561 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

  1. #171
    Senior Member Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North TX
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnFurlong View Post
    This one cracks me up - because each week this guy reposts this machine with a lower price:

    http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/art/2815447199.html
    At least he's going down in price. This guy's been asking for the same "$75, cash in hand" for at least 7 months, probably longer. http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2795516419.html. You'd think after a while the price would creep down. I don't think he actually wants to get rid of it.

    More from the files of "it sounds like a great deal, but there's one problem..." http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/atq/2826596722.html.
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

  2. #172
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    At least he's going down in price. This guy's been asking for the same "$75, cash in hand" for at least 7 months, probably longer. http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2795516419.html. You'd think after a while the price would creep down. I don't think he actually wants to get rid of it.

    More from the files of "it sounds like a great deal, but there's one problem..." http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/atq/2826596722.html.
    Yep, big problem. I don't think he posted the correct photos, MAYBE????
    Sweet Caroline

  3. #173
    Senior Member Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North TX
    Posts
    761
    Looks to be the right pics, the serial number picture matches the description. I think it's just ignorance and wishful thinking, and hopefully not someone trying to pull a fast one.
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

  4. #174
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    11,124
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Looks to be the right pics, the serial number picture matches the description. I think it's just ignorance and wishful thinking, and hopefully not someone trying to pull a fast one.
    All I can say is 'buyer beware'
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  5. #175
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Looks to be the right pics, the serial number picture matches the description. I think it's just ignorance and wishful thinking, and hopefully not someone trying to pull a fast one.
    I didn't check the serial number, should have. Isn't that deceptive advertising????
    Sweet Caroline

  6. #176
    Senior Member DawnFurlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    368
    Here's another one - for the mere bargain price of $750!!! Worth way more though, don't you know. His loss is our gain!!! Notice no pictures of what a mere $750 will get you...

    http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/atq/2829484034.html


    or...decided I would cut/paste the ad - since when it goes off Craig's List it can't be read anymore:

    ---Immaculate Condition...worth a lot more....I Didn't want to sell it, however I am expecting a baby and the extra money will help immensely...Trust me this is my loss and your gain but its for the greater good! Thanks for looking!

    This is almost BRAND new believe it or not...they go for $700 to $1000 on ebay used...It comes with original manual oil and sewing kit as well at foot pedal...Again this is in great shape and a perfect gift for a seamstress or antique collector.

    Email for more info!---

  7. #177
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,577
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnFurlong View Post
    Here's another one - for the mere bargain price of $750!!! Worth way more though, don't you know. His loss is our gain!!! Notice no pictures of what a mere $750 will get you...
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/atq/2829484034.html
    or...decided I would cut/paste the ad - since when it goes off Craig's List it can't be read anymore:

    ---Immaculate Condition...worth a lot more....I Didn't want to sell it, however I am expecting a baby and the extra money will help immensely...Trust me this is my loss and your gain but its for the greater good! Thanks for looking!
    This is almost BRAND new believe it or not...they go for $700 to $1000 on ebay used...It comes with original manual oil and sewing kit as well at foot pedal...Again this is in great shape and a perfect gift for a seamstress or antique collector. Email for more info!---
    Looks like a FW from the pics on the ad.
    Through Christ who strengthens me, I can do all things. - Paul
    I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I committed unto Him against that Day. - Paul
    Chris, servant to three demanding cats

  8. #178
    Senior Member DawnFurlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Looks like a FW from the pics on the ad.
    Funny, pictures wouldn't come up when I first looked at the ad. But it does look like a FW, looks very nice and shiny - but Wowzers!!! That's a lot of $$$$.

  9. #179
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,577
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnFurlong View Post
    Funny, pictures wouldn't come up when I first looked at the ad. But it does look like a FW, looks very nice and shiny - but Wowzers!!! That's a lot of $$$$.
    Yuppers, a lot of money. Nice looking though.
    Through Christ who strengthens me, I can do all things. - Paul
    I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I committed unto Him against that Day. - Paul
    Chris, servant to three demanding cats

  10. #180
    Senior Member Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North TX
    Posts
    761
    Not CL, but shopgoodwill. Ugh...I just know someone's thinking they are getting a FW.
    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=9323640
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Page 18 of 561 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.