Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1042 of 4389 FirstFirst ... 42 542 942 992 1032 1041 1042 1043 1052 1092 1142 1542 2042 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,420 of 43884

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #10411
    Super Member Shemjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    6,937
    Thanks, Nancy. I could not remember the other decal names. I was just too excited to think. And they are pretty dirty, but I oopsed! I found out it is a model 27 from April 1901. Thanks for giving me the right name for this machine. I will get her inside and figure out how I will clean her up.

  2. #10412
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,576
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    Thanks, Nancy. I could not remember the other decal names. I was just too excited to think. And they are pretty dirty, but I oopsed! I found out it is a model 27 from April 1901. Thanks for giving me the right name for this machine. I will get her inside and figure out how I will clean her up.
    Wow, I had a Model 27 from 1901 also that I gave to a friend who is trying to learn to treadle. Your 27's decals are in way way better shape than mine was! You will love that machine. They just run so smoothly and make a very nice stitch. I found it to be one of the easiest to treadle.

    Nancy

  3. #10413
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by kwendt
    By the way... I know that EVERYONE on this thread is wondering..... DID Kim win the Ebay Auction for the white 201k?

    The answer is....

    No... Kim did not. Kim dropped out of the running at $115. The machine sold for OVER $400!!! LOL!

    So now... Billy, VM, Brenda, Nancy, etc.... which one of YOU bought the thing???? LOL I wanna know!

    <munch, munch.... homemade donuts are delicious! Thanks.>
    It wasn't me or you would have heard it by now!! Brenda

  4. #10414
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,576
    Blog Entries
    1
    [quote=luv2learn]
    Quote Originally Posted by kwendt
    By the way... I know that EVERYONE on this thread is wondering..... DID Kim win the Ebay Auction for the white 201k?

    The answer is....

    No... Kim did not. Kim dropped out of the running at $115. The machine sold for OVER $400!!! LOL!

    So now... Billy, VM, Brenda, Nancy, etc.... which one of YOU bought the thing???? LOL I wanna know!

    It wasn't me or you would have heard it by now!! Brenda
    It wasn't me either! Wow, I would love to have that machine, but I too am afraid of buying off e-bay and shipping!

    Nancy

  5. #10415
    Senior Member melinda1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    455
    Neat Machine. I have a twin to it, cabinet and all, but mine has way worse decals. It sews like a dream though, and seems to like working, so I just do a little sewing on it for fun. Let us see how good she cleans up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    Thanks, Nancy. I could not remember the other decal names. I was just too excited to think. And they are pretty dirty, but I oopsed! I found out it is a model 27 from April 1901. Thanks for giving me the right name for this machine. I will get her inside and figure out how I will clean her up.
    :thumbup:

  6. #10416
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,576
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ok you guys, this is Willy. He doesn't look like much right now, although, I love him to death! He has very cute little feet to treadle and the painted emblem is on the inside of his coffin top! I am going to re-finish his cabinet with Glenn's tutorial and see if he still remembers how to sew! His last patent date is April 17, 1883.

    Nancy

    Wilcox & Gibbs (Willy)
    Name:  Attachment-116652.jpe
Views: 59
Size:  53.0 KB

    Cabinet
    Name:  Attachment-116653.jpe
Views: 79
Size:  57.7 KB

    Emblem inside coffin top
    Name:  Attachment-116654.jpe
Views: 71
Size:  74.7 KB

  7. #10417
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Ok you guys, this is Willy. He doesn't look like much right now, although, I love him to death! He has very cute little feet to treadle and the painted emblem is on the inside of his coffin top! I am going to re-finish his cabinet with Glenn's tutorial and see if he still remembers how to sew! His last patent date is April 17, 1883.

    Nancy
    Nanct Little Willy is adorable. Take it to Ladies night out next month and show it off. Kathie

  8. #10418
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,130
    Blog Entries
    1
    After all the talk about my FW even thou I am not impressed I have decided to keep her. Her name is Josephine, named after a mule my grandfather had--slow and did not like to do work that required much power :lol: But I want to thank you for your good advice on the FW and thank you Nancy for you cleaning advice it did help. Glenn

  9. #10419
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,130
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Ok you guys, this is Willy. He doesn't look like much right now, although, I love him to death! He has very cute little feet to treadle and the painted emblem is on the inside of his coffin top! I am going to re-finish his cabinet with Glenn's tutorial and see if he still remembers how to sew! His last patent date is April 17, 1883.

    Nancy
    Nancy I really like Little Willy I would go out and play with him anytime. Is that black paint on the cabinet? Glenn

  10. #10420
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,621
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    After all the talk about my FW even thou I am not impressed I have decided to keep her. Her name is Josephine, named after a mule my grandfather had--slow and did not like to do work that required much power :lol: But I want to thank you for your good advice on the FW and thank you Nancy for you cleaning advice it did help. Glenn
    Glenn;

    Had to laugh at the name. Josephine was my grandmother's name. I'm sure Grampa thought she was related to a mule because she was so stubborn. But she could work and was not slow about anything - except getting Grampa his coffee.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.