Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1042 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 42 542 942 992 1032 1041 1042 1043 1052 1092 1142 1542 ... LastLast
Results 26,026 to 26,050 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    12 + or - or X's 2? lol
    sonthin like that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    I finally scored!! $40!!! My brother found her at an estate sale this morning.

Note with attachments gives info that this machine was bought in 1949 from the Fresno State College Home Ec Dept as a treadle.

I'll post better pictures after I clean her up.
    she's pretty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    I worked on the 319 today. What a mess. I'm going to make a post - I took a ton of pics so it maybe a long post. Here is a teaser I guess.
    Miriam, Excellent work in cleaning this gent up (looks like a boy to me).
    You know I've been thinking this one is a boy too - a real tough mean one. The dude that had his tv on the cabinet was huge fireman. Don't know his name. Thinking of calling him Edsel maybe Mr. Ed for short or Eddy or something.
    I'd call him Mr. Ed. - Ed. short for educational. ;)
    school of hard knocks
    Miriam, can I come over to your place & play, know I could learn a lot

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris
    I worked on the 319 today. What a mess. I'm going to make a post - I took a ton of pics so it maybe a long post. Here is a teaser I guess.
    You know I've been thinking this one is a boy too - a real tough mean one. The dude that had his tv on the cabinet was huge fireman. Don't know his name. Thinking of calling him Edsel maybe Mr. Ed for short or Eddy or something.
    school of hard knocks
    yeah but you have to clean the toilet...

Blog Entries
    school of hard knocks
    LOL, and bring my own brush??

Blog Entries
    school of hard knocks
    LOL, and bring my own brush??
    Nah... there's one in there... Oh and you have to read the stupid manual out loud. It would be a lot of fun. I miss my sister.... She reads the manual out loud and keeps track of my bobbin cases. Hey maybe we can have sewing machine repair college at the ugly little cottage... Iris you've been there and you know what I mean... that toilet is beyond cleaning - sort of makes you want to hold - got DGS birthday tomorrow... pm if you are serious - has to be in day light and a warm day - lights aren't much over there - no heat yet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas
    I am very irritated at my local antique store. They have a 66 Lotus treadle in an awesome cabinet for $325. Way too high, in my opinion. But I went in to visit it today and they had the cabinet open with a set of iron fireplace log grates setting on the leaf!!! It is now all scratched up and dented. What idiots. I want it bad, but not for that price, now especially.
    IF you want a White in treadle, this may be a good deal.
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/atq/2633555139.html

Blog Entries
    I am very irritated at my local antique store. They have a 66 Lotus treadle in an awesome cabinet for $325. Way too high, in my opinion. But I went in to visit it today and they had the cabinet open with a set of iron fireplace log grates setting on the leaf!!! It is now all scratched up and dented. What idiots. I want it bad, but not for that price, now especially.
    IF you want a White in treadle, this may be a good deal.
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/atq/2633555139.html
    THAT is an excellent deal!! Wish I was closer!! (no more cabinets, Charlee...NO MORE!!! :lol: )

Blog Entries
    Ok M'friends...here's a story and a question for ya...I *think* I know the answer, but would like your opinions...

Long story...the spousal unit was separated from his father's family when he was young, and was kept away from them until he was an adult. It wasn't until I started doing genealogy that we connected with some of them. One, a cousin of SU's father, has been especially fun to chat with, and he sent me a message at the beginning of summer about a family reunion. We were going to try to go but didn't make it. He also told me about a sewing machine that he had in storage, and offered to sell it to me. I'd KILL for a family machine, and let him know I was interested. This is the email I just got from him:

Hi Charlee I'm so sorry kid, I totally lost my ATT.net contact until mt nephew came over last night and fixed it, I'm just now getting your response to the reunion, sorry you couldn't come we had a blast, maybe next year, as for the sewing machine I haven't dug it out from storage, but I promise I will get it out and take some pictures and let you decide what it's worth to you and as well it's worth to me, it belonged to my aunt Dovie, who got it from Williams grt, aunt Louise Stepp,Rose so I don't really know how old it is , it is electric, with a pedal, it's called the Cadillac, it has like gold,red, ??? and some other kind of pin striping on it over a beautiful green color I think, It;s a very beautiful machine, well got to go I have another 258 emails to go , Jerry" *end quote*

Now...he told me once that it was a Singer, and referred to as the "Cadillac of Singers" Does this sound like a Redeye to you?

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a red eye to me.
    glenn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett
    What I really like is the embossing, even more than most of the intricate decals on other machines.
    That's what I noticed first, I like that too. I'm looking forward to seeing her all cleaned up!
    Looks sort of like a cookie with the embossing
    Now you made me hungry! :roll:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Ok M'friends...here's a story and a question for ya...I *think* I know the answer, but would like your opinions...

Long story...the spousal unit was separated from his father's family when he was young, and was kept away from them until he was an adult. It wasn't until I started doing genealogy that we connected with some of them. One, a cousin of SU's father, has been especially fun to chat with, and he sent me a message at the beginning of summer about a family reunion. We were going to try to go but didn't make it. He also told me about a sewing machine that he had in storage, and offered to sell it to me. I'd KILL for a family machine, and let him know I was interested. This is the email I just got from him:

Hi Charlee I'm so sorry kid, I totally lost my ATT.net contact until mt nephew came over last night and fixed it, I'm just now getting your response to the reunion, sorry you couldn't come we had a blast, maybe next year, as for the sewing machine I haven't dug it out from storage, but I promise I will get it out and take some pictures and let you decide what it's worth to you and as well it's worth to me, it belonged to my aunt Dovie, who got it from Williams grt, aunt Louise Stepp,Rose so I don't really know how old it is , it is electric, with a pedal, it's called the Cadillac, it has like gold,red, ??? and some other kind of pin striping on it over a beautiful green color I think, It;s a very beautiful machine, well got to go I have another 258 emails to go , Jerry" *end quote*

Now...he told me once that it was a Singer, and referred to as the "Cadillac of Singers" Does this sound like a Redeye to you?
    How fun!

Blog Entries
    I hope you can get that sewing machine soon

Blog Entries

How fun!
    I'm excited...even the SU is a bit jazzed about having SOMETHING that belonged to that side of his family... :)

Blog Entries
    Redeyes are BLACK - not green. Maybe something highly unusual??? Make him take a pic and send it and you post it so we all can see ..............

Blog Entries
    I know Suzi....he's running on memory tho, don't think he's seen the machine in years. I can't think of a green Singer or any other machine that has red and gold decals....

As soon as he sends me pics, I'll be sure to share them...whatever I end up paying him for it, along with the trip to Sacramento to pick it up, will make this my most expensive machine! :lol:

Checking in so I can get updates!

Blog Entries
    I love my 319, but you really do need the manual to make sense of the controls. Makes a great stitch!

I know Suzi....he's running on memory tho, don't think he's seen the machine in years. I can't think of a green Singer or any other machine that has red and gold decals....

As soon as he sends me pics, I'll be sure to share them...whatever I end up paying him for it, along with the trip to Sacramento to pick it up, will make this my most expensive machine! :lol:
    Maybe he's focusing on the green that's in with the red and gold on the Redeye's decals. It does stand out some.

My daughter called and said that she found an unusual looking treadle sewing machine. She said that it was black and had a funny hook up for the belt. She gave me the serial number which is EF 546519. I looked it up and it said that it was a 221 k. Made Aug,17,1949. If I looked at the numbers correctly. If I remember rightly 221k is a Feather weight. Did they come as a treadle? The thrift store wants $80 for it with cabinet. Kathie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S.
    My daughter called and said that she found an unusual looking treadle sewing machine. She said that it was black and had a funny hook up for the belt. She gave me the serial number which is EF 546519. I looked it up and it said that it was a 221 k. Made Aug,17,1949. If I looked at the numbers correctly. If I remember rightly 221k is a Feather weight. Did they come as a treadle? The thrift store wants $80 for it with cabinet. Kathie
    Kathie go look at the machine! No, FW's did not come as treadles, and YES the 221 is a FW! Wow, I wish I had time today so I could go look with you! I can't go, but do let us know what you find. Someone probably got the serial numbers wrong or it is a 221 someone modified to fit in a treadle! If that is the case I want it!

Nancy

Blog Entries

Charlee can you get him to send you a picture soon? This is all very intriguing!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Kas, I would complain to the store manager and show her/him what they did to the treadle cabinet! That makes me mad! Yes, the machine is too high and won't/hasn't sold that is probably why they are so careless with it!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    I finally scored!! $40!!! My brother found her at an estate sale this morning.

Note with attachments gives info that this machine was bought in 1949 from the Fresno State College Home Ec Dept as a treadle.

I'll post better pictures after I clean her up.
    Sheryl, congratulations on your Redeye! She is very pretty and looks to be in great shape! Great price too!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles

Charlee can you get him to send you a picture soon? This is all very intriguing!

Nancy
    I'll keep poking at him about it...he's older, and if anything happened to him, I'm sure that machine would be gone with the wind...to someone who wouldn't care about it nearly as much as I will!!