Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2011 of 4382 FirstFirst ... 1011 1511 1911 1961 2001 2010 2011 2012 2021 2061 2111 2511 3011 ... LastLast
Results 20,101 to 20,110 of 43814

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lee231
    Here's one someone needs to get. Too rich for my blood.

Old hand crank chain stitch.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/2504462235.html
    If I were closer, I'd check it out. Sure glad I'm not, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Out in the Wild Today:

My score of the day tho wasn't really sewing related, altho I wanted it for my room...I needed it for my pincushions, thimbles and notions.... probably paid too much at $15.00, but I wanted it!!
    That is so cool! I love the way you set it up with your sewing stuff.
    Jan on 446
    >^;;^<

Charlee, I love your little overstuffed chairs pin cushions. Where in the world did you ever find them?
    So danged cute. Everything looks great on your shelf.

Blog Entries
    I located an old Wheeler & Wilson in an ad for a garage sale this coming Saturday - got in touch with the owner via email and she sent me these pictures of the machine and asked that I make an offer. There is no cabinet. What do you think .................. please.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

It's very rusty, and there's no way to run it. The only pluses are there are some decals left and it has the slide plate--most of the ones I see have no decals and no slide plate. I wouldn't offer much unless you have a cabinet waiting for it and some Evaporust waiting to give it a bath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi
    I located an old Wheeler & Wilson in an ad for a garage sale this coming Saturday - got in touch with the owner via email and she sent me these pictures of the machine and asked that I make an offer. There is no cabinet. What do you think .................. please.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grannysewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by grannysewer
    Question for Glenn, Can I glue the covering of my featherweight case back on? And what kind of glue would I use? Thanks
    Are you talking about the original covering that is loose are a new covering? Yes you can but the old glue must be removed with acetone first. Glue will not stick to old dirty glue. You can use a good contact cement very thin or a spray contact glue.
    Yes, its the orginial covering and theres enough of it that I think I can make it work. Any suggestion for a subsititute covering if I have to redo the whole thing?
    I have no recomendations for subsitiude for a replacement but any good quality canvas back vinyl will work. Billy may know a source for material. If you FW case is black it will be easy to find a replacement. Make sure the spray contact is a good quality comercial grade for durabilty. After you glue down the old cover use a roller to make sure it is tight and smooth.
    glenn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    Charlee, I love your little overstuffed chairs pin cushions. Where in the world did you ever find them?
    I like those chairs too - very cute.
    Oh and there is a book with a pattern to make the chair - http://dollmakersjourney.com/robertson.html you have to scroll down the page to find it.
    and if you just want to buy one - here is a site - maybe she is making them - never know... anyway they are cute
    http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com...1_archive.html

Suzi

There was one at an auction here today that went for $20, had a treadle cabinet complete with it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback on the W&W - she sent another email asking $25. Think I'll pass this time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    The pretty bright green one came from my ever-so-special secret pal in last year's swap...and the darker green one with the doily came from a yard sale. :)
    I think I've seen them at Hancock's and JoAnne's tho...