Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-21-2011, 05:21 PM

Thank you for the help I have been given. We found out my girl's serial number is G0062681 and turns out to be a 66 born May 28 1923

To find a manual, I went to

http://www.singerco.com/accessories/...manuals/search

and put in 66. I see a manual for a 66 treadle, not electric.

Can someone help me again? Thanks!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Celeste
Thank you for the help I have been given. We found out my girl's serial number is G0062681 and turns out to be a 66 born May 28 1923

To find a manual, I went to

http://www.singerco.com/accessories/...manuals/search

and put in 66. I see a manual for a 66 treadle, not electric.

Can someone help me again? Thanks!
The manual will be the same for the electric but will have the oiling points of the motor and belt adjustment. But other than that (which is common sense) it will be the exact same manual that you need.

Billy
Old 07-21-2011, 05:31 PM

That's a lovely Frister & Rossman. :mrgreen: :-D
Old 07-21-2011, 05:43 PM

Billy-
1347 pages? You are a busy man!
Any discussion about a 99K in there somewhere?
I hate to ask questions that have been asnwered but all those pages to go through....ugh.
I just bought a cutie (1954 99K) and don't like how the motor sounds. It needs a belt and a good cleaning too. Restoring it might be above my skill level. Maybe I need to find a shop. Are they hard to work on?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Billy-
I hate to ask questions that have been asnwered but all those pages to go through....ugh.
I just bought a cutie (1954 99K) and don't like how the motor sounds. It needs a belt and a good cleaning too. Restoring it might be above my skill level. Maybe I need to find a shop. Are they hard to work on?
it is cheaper to remove the motor and take it to a motor shop than to take it to a sewing repair shop. other than that just clean it like you would any other machine - look on the tutorial Billy put up - it's a good tutorial.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by jpete523

Jan
Here is my Frister and Rossman. Sorry, don't have time for chat tonight. I have got all three of my covers to open.

Texas Jan
Gorgeous! Thanks for posting.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jan
Here is my Frister and Rossman. Sorry, don't have time for chat tonight. I have got all three of my covers to open. Texas Jan
Absolutely gorgeous machine.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:57 PM

Billy-
Any discussion about a 99K in there somewhere?I just bought a cutie (1954 99K) and don't like how the motor sounds. Are they hard to work on?
2 Doods; I have a 99 K from 1923, I think, and it is much noisier than any of my Singer 15s or any of my other vintage Singers. I do not know if this is specific to 99s or just something with my machine and perhaps yours, too. Maybe one of the gurus can help. You can work on them on your own. Patience is helpful as is only working on small manageable bites at a time. If taking it apart, big or small pieces, have seen suggestions for putting the machine in a box lid with a large disposable diaper or towel underneath so the small pieces which might drop are caught before hitting the floor, hopefully. I hope this helps some.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
it is cheaper to remove the motor and take it to a motor shop than to take it to a sewing repair shop. other than that just clean it like you would any other machine - look on the tutorial Billy put up - it's a good tutorial.
What do you mean by a motor shop?

2 Doods--I love the 2 dogs in your avatar :-D !!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Banned

Billy-
I work on them all of the time and in fact I just finished up a 99K for one of our member not long ago. They are simple to play with and are just baby versions of the 66 but with a couple of differences. If you do not feel like messing with it I can do it for you but I have tutorials on how to clean one in here somewhere. Just look under the VSMS virtual forum and you will see them. If you want to ask anything just PM me and I can walk you through it.

Billy