Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
All of the 99's I have played with have been really super quiet but thats because I did a full service with the Kerosene spa treatment. At most they might click a little but all of the 15's I messed with (Singer brand) have been noisier that the 66 or the 99.
If you want a real smooth running 15 go find you a Japanese 15 and then you will throw your Singer out in the yard! IMO they are way better built than the Singer brand and my Universal is my all time go to machine and the only one I FMQ with.Billy
Billy; I do have several Japanese 15 clones. I love them and I like the Singer 15s too. When I said noisy, I meant that mine is louder than either the 15s or 66s that I own. It's not like bad muffler noisy just louder in comparison. May try that pad to see if the machine quiets down some. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:06 PM

Here is some stupid trivia for you, Ford bought the proprietary rights to the paint from HOK when it was first developed. It was called "Mystic" and was only offered on the Mustang GT. If you owned one of those cars and it was wrecked Ford sent a painter to the body shop to mix and spray the color for them and when he left he made sure that nothing was left behind.

Billy[/quote]When my daughter-in-law wrecked her Mustang. Ford sent out only a pint of paint and what was left had to be sent back to the company. Kathie
Old 07-21-2011, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Here is my Frister and Rossman. Sorry, don't have time for chat tonight. I have got all three of my covers to open.

Texas Jan
Beautiful. I have one just like it, and it's wonderful to sew on.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:43 PM

I have been cleaning out "stuff" all day today in preparation for a yard sale next weekend. Cleaning off some shelves in my basement, I came across some boxes I had forgotten about--all full of sewing machine parts. This was part of my "inheritance" from my mother. There are a couple of feet that look like they are meant to attach soutache braid or ribbon, one marked 1/8" and one 3/16". I can't find them anywhere, but am excited to find them anyway--they should be fun.

Thanks, Mom!!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Power Poster

We should do a whole topic on old attachment pictures. I know I could to PAGES.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Out in the Wild Today:

...My score of the day tho wasn't really sewing related, altho I wanted it for my room...I needed it for my pincushions, thimbles and notions.... probably paid too much at $15.00, but I wanted it!!
How beautiful. It looks sewing related to me. Where else would you have put those items? :-D
Old 07-22-2011, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
LOL!! I'm glad I'm not the only underachiever around here!
Of course, unless I actually FINISH a quilt, I won't have anything to hang on it!! :lol:
Rest assured, you are not the only underachiever on this board or this shop!

Ask me how I know... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-22-2011, 03:23 AM

I had that speed problem with my Featherweight, but since William did the "fixin'" I don't remember what had to be done....it's here on the board, I *think* in this thread!

I had that problem with the "stop action" knob not kicking the needle "out of gear" with this new handcrank. For that one, thanks to a lot of great advice, was fixed by taking the handwheel off, cleaning, oiling, and flipping the washer over before reassembling it.
Ohhhh... thanks. I did not know it could be fixed and so simply!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by justtrish
I stopped in here 2 weeks ago to get some information.....

I now have 4 older machines, a Necchi, a 99, a 27 and an older white 770. Currently have 5 machine heads awaiting pickup 2 hours away..

I am mad at all of you, my family is now talking about an intervention.

p.s. why am I still looking at machines...

Now if you don't mind, I must go back to reading, I am up to page 170!!
Oh NO! Trish, you've caught the virus for sure. At least you aren't alone. :lol:
Old 07-22-2011, 03:40 AM

I thought I would post pics of my find that I bought last year. It had been in a sewing machine shop as as decoration and had been varnished which had gone yellowy n cracked, so with careful cleaning I have to it nearly back to it's pristine condition, it doesn't look as tho' it had been used much, such a shame.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-230024.jpe   attachment-230025.jpe   attachment-230026.jpe