Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-21-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Davis Vertical Feed, NVS!!!!
Someone please go after this! I love my two Davis Vertical Feed NVS for binding work. I really don't need a third one.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/atq/2506243252.html
I wonder if DH would mind driving me out to get it. Right,he is already thinking bout gettin me therapy! Actually, hes really gotten into helping me restore my pre-1900 industrial singer.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:47 PM

Joy who is 8 came Tuesday and sewed on my hand crank. She said that was fun. Her arm got tired and she wanted to see all of my sewing machines so I showed her. She wants to use the treadle next time she comes. When they were ready to go she looked at her grandmother and said when can we come again. Grandma looked at me and I said when would you like to come again. Her answer "Friday". She will be here Tuesday and I am looking forward to that. Kathie S.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by jpete523
Thank you, Miz Johnny! I looked it up and it's a good start. Mine's a little different, the shuttle runs the other way, but that shouldn't make much difference should it?

Edited: Shuttle runs the same, transverse, but there's an additional slide that bisects the shuttle covers. Don't know yet what it's for as I can't get it to slide, yet.

Jan
Here is my Frister and Rossman. Sorry, don't have time for chat tonight. I have got all three of my covers to open.

Texas Jan
Attached Thumbnails attachment-229901.jpe   attachment-229902.jpe  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2505708648.html
Sure makes you wonder where this person's brain is located.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by miriam
Its erased now but what was it?

Billy
Old 07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by jpete523
Thank you, Miz Johnny! I looked it up and it's a good start. Mine's a little different, the shuttle runs the other way, but that shouldn't make much difference should it?

Edited: Shuttle runs the same, transverse, but there's an additional slide that bisects the shuttle covers. Don't know yet what it's for as I can't get it to slide, yet.

Jan
Here is my Frister and Rossman. Sorry, don't have time for chat tonight. I have got all three of my covers to open.

Texas Jan
That is a gorgeous machine!!

Billy
Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nickylsf
Originally Posted by nickylsf
Help! I am looking at a kenmore 117 812 for $25 with case. Looks to be in good shape. Should I get it? I am at the store now.
see if the rubber wheel on the motor is in good shape and does it turn the balance wheel? price is ok more or less
Thanks Miriam. I bought it and then took it back. My 15K treadle is so nice and needs to be restored. It will be wiser to wait for a Featherweight. I think it was just the frustration of going to 6 thrift stores and finding nothing! Next to nothing the Kenmore looked good. But then my sanity was restored and I took it back.
good move - that 15K is so much better - I don't see much in the thrift stores some days - then all of a sudden they are everywhere. CL is full of stuff some days - drives me bananas. What REALLY drives me bananas is when they are an hour or 2 away..... AND I have to work long hours for the next few days... :roll:
Old 07-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Its erased now but what was it?

Billy
it was a picture of a singer centennial badge and spool holder for $200 RARE find no less - close up picture - it's still there on my computer...

OK HERE IS THE AD:

"I have for sale an Antique Singer Bicentennial Sewing Machine. This machine marked the 100th year of Singer being in business. It is a collector's item. The machine was completely overhauled by a local sewing machine repair shop here in Noblesville as per the previous owner. I have used it, works beautifully. I had purchased it on a whim and only to sew, not for its value. I just don't have time to sew as business and family matters are more pressing. My loss is your gain. I see these online for $350 to $500. Included with your purchase, three HUGE bags of fabric probably valued at about $150. The machine is already in a sewing cabinet, and that is also included in this price. I do accept offers, so don't be shy, email in, see what we can work out! I would like to sell this quickly for economic reasons. Times are tough. The sale is not influenced in any way, shape or form, by the condition of the machine. We are selling it as is, as with all used items, but I will tell you it works beautifully for me. Thanks!"

Then said picture - no other picture...
Old 07-21-2011, 05:19 PM

Texas Jan[/quote]

Beautiful machine. Kathie
Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kathie S.

Texas Jan
Beautiful machine. Kathie[/quote]

DITTO