Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-22-2011, 11:44 PM

Speaking of quilts finished on vintage machines, we had a sew-in at guild meeting yesterday and did a Jelly Roll Race. I took my 301a with me, and guess what....we WON the Jelly Roll Race. There were lots of high $$$ modern machines and about 6 FWs there too, but me and Ida took the prize!!! WooHoo!! Who says 60 years is old? Ida and I were both "born" in 1951. :-) I was so pleased that she did so well....she just purred along!!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by miriam
http://bloomington.craigslist.org/atq/2505334658.html
I offered $30 because it doesn't have a bobbin case
Hope you get it!!
I haven't heard back. Sewclassic has the bobbin cases, accessories and cords but it puts the price up there if it is the full price.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:11 AM

thanks, I will look there when time permits
Old 07-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

Ok here we go - see if anybody knows what some of it goes to or what it is used for http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-139458-1.htm
That was only the first box...
Old 07-23-2011, 07:37 AM

Speaking of quilts finished on vintage machines, we had a sew-in at guild meeting yesterday and did a Jelly Roll Race. I took my 301a with me, and guess what....we WON the Jelly Roll Race. There were lots of high $$$ modern machines and about 6 FWs there too, but me and Ida took the prize!!! WooHoo!! Who says 60 years is old? Ida and I were both "born" in 1951. :-) I was so pleased that she did so well....she just purred along!!
Janice, this is awesome, I am happy for you, also. I have been eye-balling a 301 at my local SMRshop, just can't swing right now. But, I will get one.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:39 AM

I recognize many them and I even have the same"pinking piece". I wanted to put my hands in there and just pick them up and label. Oh, actually if I wanted to do that I could do it to the many I have which are also in boxes and bags.
I need one of your bullet type bobbin holders. I am waiting for a call from a lady who has machine I agreed to buy but it needs a bullet type bobbin holder. Think the machine is a 128 but not sure as I only saw it few weeks ago for a few min. Will sort then sell some if I get this.
Then I want to attach, use and label every attachment with a sample. Have some that attach via a hole from the top. Sound organized?

Judie wrote re life in Joplin which made me sort out my family photo trunk so now I have a mess all over so not into anything sewing related.

Originally Posted by miriam
Ok here we go - see if anybody knows what some of it goes to or what it is used for http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-139458-1.htm
That was only the first box...
Old 07-23-2011, 07:44 AM

Hi Janice, congrats on your victory! The 301's look really cool. What do you look for? Is the long bed more desirable? Black or Tan? What is a good price? Thanks, Nicky
Old 07-23-2011, 07:46 AM

I picked up a gallon ziploc bag of misc sewing stuff at my favorite thrift shop the other day, and now I've got some mystery feet I'm hoping the hive mind can help me ID.

Also, as you can see, some of them are rusty, or otherwise dirty? What's a good way of cleaning them?

says haientel DEC 25 '88 #12
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230601[/ATTACH]

same as above, other side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230602[/ATTACH]

I'm not even sure this is sewing related, let alone a foot part, but it was in the bag, so...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230603[/ATTACH]

no clue what it is
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230604[/ATTACH]

May be Greist attachments? Dunno. Are the middle and right supposed to be one piece?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230605[/ATTACH]

I'm fairly sure this is a back clamp ruffler for a 66.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230606[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-230595.jpe   attachment-230596.jpe   attachment-230597.jpe   attachment-230598.jpe   attachment-230599.jpe  

attachment-230600.jpe  
Old 07-23-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
My husband is picking it up for me tomorrow morning. I am shocked that he was so easily convinced :) Actually, since he has three antique motorcycles, how could he say no?
That will be a long drive for him. He is a sweetie. Congrats, be sure and post some pictures. Kathie[/quote]

Thanks Kathie! It was meant to be, since he was going to San Jose today on other business! He is a sweetie. I will post pics of the Davis as soon as he returns tomorrow. :)
Old 07-23-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by MrsBoats
I picked up a gallon ziploc bag of misc sewing stuff at my favorite thrift shop the other day, and now I've got some mystery feet I'm hoping someone can help me ID.
That looks like low shank ruffler.