Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomilu
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I have a 1920 Red Eye that I would like (hubby) to take the motor off and put on a hand crank. Is that a hard job? Kathie
It is very easy. You may or may not have to change the bobbin winder.
Tommie
You do not need to change the winder on the machine, but I know what you are talking about but hers is old enough to not have the later design handwheel.

Billy
Old 07-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Billy,
Will you please add this thread, Quilts Made Using Vintage Machines, to the VSMS virtual forum too. I'm worried that it will be buried in the other area QB, never ever to be seen again. I don't want to be the only one posting every so often. I would love to see everyone's work using the vintage machines.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134918-1.htm

Thanks!
I just added it to it and I even added a few of the quilts that I made on some of my treadle machines.

Billy
Old 07-22-2011, 07:28 PM

I am thinking about selling some of my machines. Would anyone here be interested in sewing machine heads.
I have a 66-1 red eye (but it has an electric hand wheel)
and a singer 27 with 2 bobbins and a shuttle

Neither are in a base I am just out of room and I think I have found my machines i use all the time.

Also for those of you who have shipped sewing heads approximately how much does it run.

I just dont know if I should sell them here or list them on craigslist. I would rather they be sold to someone appreciates vintage machines.
Do people just buy machine heads?
Old 07-22-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Originally Posted by nickylsf
Originally Posted by quilt addict
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Davis Vertical Feed, NVS!!!!
Someone please go after this! I love my two Davis Vertical Feed NVS for binding work. I really don't need a third one.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/atq/2506243252.html
I wish I was closer! I might try and mail him and see if I can just buy the machine and he can mail it to me!

Billy
I'm closer then you Billy but not close enough. I really want one of those.
My husband has to go to San Jose tomorrow; I just emailed to see if the machine is still available!
GO for it!!! These are wonderful machines. I love mine so much that I have two....I'm trying NOT to purchase this one.
I am coming up there later this fall. Do you want to foster it for me for a few month? Of course then you may get too attached and not want to let it go. :-o
What, you don't want to do the road tour that I posted? No seriously, I can't fit this into my schedule right now; otherwise, this machine would have been mine by now. I saw it posted once before, about 2 weeks ago. At that time, I had wished that someone would grab it. So, here I am again wishing that this machine makes it to another.
My husband is picking it up for me tomorrow morning. I am shocked that he was so easily convinced :) Actually, since he has three antique motorcycles, how could he say no?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:12 PM

My husband is picking it up for me tomorrow morning. I am shocked that he was so easily convinced :) Actually, since he has three antique motorcycles, how could he say no?[/quote]

That will be a long drive for him. He is a sweetie. Congrats, be sure and post some pictures. Kathie
Old 07-22-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Billy,
Will you please add this thread, Quilts Made Using Vintage Machines, to the VSMS virtual forum too. I'm worried that it will be buried in the other area QB, never ever to be seen again. I don't want to be the only one posting every so often. I would love to see everyone's work using the vintage machines.

Thanks!
Are you collecting pictures of quilts made on vintage e machines, too, or just treadles? My 1956 301, AnnieRose, is vintage but she's an electric, as is the 1940s Necchi, Sophia, I'm also using.

E-machines that are vintage machines count too...along with FWs. All are welcomed!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:17 PM

Billy,

Thanks!
I just added it to it and I even added a few of the quilts that I made on some of my treadle machines.

Billy
THANK YOU!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:27 PM

[quote=nickylsf][quote=vintagemotif][quote=quilt addict][quote=vintagemotif][quote=nickylsf][quote=quilt addict]
Davis Vertical Feed, NVS!!!!
Someone please go after this! I love my two Davis Vertical Feed NVS for binding work. I really don't need a third one.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/atq/2506243252.html

My husband is picking it up for me tomorrow morning. I am shocked that he was so easily convinced :) Actually, since he has three antique motorcycles, how could he say no?

Congrats! You are going to love using this machine for binding work -and also other sewing projects. The Davis NVF uses the regular 15x1 needles. There is the Davis VF yahoo group that has an excellent wealth of helpful information on the Davis VF.

I'm happy to read that someone here is saving the machine.
Thanks! and Enjoy!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
http://bloomington.craigslist.org/atq/2505334658.html
I offered $30 because it doesn't have a bobbin case
Hope you get it!!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
If you're looking for back clamping attachments for your 66-1 or 66-3, there's a set on ebay that's almost complete!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Antique-Sin...item56452c09f4
I felt so lucky that my 66-1 Lotus came with lots of back clamp attachments!!