Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-22-2011, 02:44 PM

I have a 1920 Red Eye that I would like (hubby) to take the motor off and put on a hand crank. Is that a hard job? Kathie
Old 07-22-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I have a 1920 Red Eye that I would like (hubby) to take the motor off and put on a hand crank. Is that a hard job? Kathie
It is the most easy things to do. If you have a spoked wheel buy a HC and one screw into the motor boss and done. Billy sells them.
Glenn
Old 07-22-2011, 03:23 PM

It is very easy. You may or may not have to change the bobbin winder.
Tommie
Old 07-22-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
It is very easy. You may or may not have to change the bobbin winder.
Tommie
I did not have to change the bobbin winder on my 66. Glenn
Old 07-22-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Billy,
Will you please add this thread, Quilts Made Using Vintage Machines, to the VSMS virtual forum too. I'm worried that it will be buried in the other area QB, never ever to be seen again. I don't want to be the only one posting every so often. I would love to see everyone's work using the vintage machines.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134918-1.htm

Thanks!
Are you collecting pictures of quilts made on vintage e machines, too, or just treadles? My 1956 301, AnnieRose, is vintage but she's an electric, as is the 1940s Necchi, Sophia, I'm also using.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Billy,
Will you please add this thread, Quilts Made Using Vintage Machines, to the VSMS virtual forum too. I'm worried that it will be buried in the other area QB, never ever to be seen again. I don't want to be the only one posting every so often. I would love to see everyone's work using the vintage machines.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134918-1.htm

Thanks!
Are you collecting pictures of quilts made on vintage e machines, too, or just treadles? My 1956 301, AnnieRose, is vintage but she's an electric, as is the 1940s Necchi, Sophia, I'm also using.
I have a Singer 403 and a Sears Commander and an Elna SU, etc...
Old 07-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/atq/2505334658.html
I offered $30 because it doesn't have a bobbin case
Old 07-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

You know I'm beginning to think buying a sewing machine for cheap isn't always wonderful. Sometimes there are surprises. You may have to fix something or pay someone to fix it. You may have to buy parts if you can find them. You may have to clean up a mess. You may have to buy a bobbin case, accessories, disks, cords or what have you. By the time you do all that work it may just be more practical to just spend a bit more and get one in good shape to start with.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
You know I'm beginning to think buying a sewing machine for cheap isn't always wonderful. Sometimes there are surprises. You may have to fix something or pay someone to fix it. You may have to buy parts if you can find them. You may have to clean up a mess. You may have to buy a bobbin case, accessories, disks, cords or what have you. By the time you do all that work it may just be more practical to just spend a bit more and get one in good shape to start with.
Sometimes it is better to spend a little more to get a VSM with all it's parts but I do like the challenge of finding the parts and getting the machine sewing. Yes you can spend more on parts and accessories etc than what the machine cost in the begining. So however you look at it spend a little more for a good machine or buy cheap and fix it up. What ever road you take it is the most fun we can have. Don't you just love these old machnes.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:53 PM

If you're looking for back clamping attachments for your 66-1 or 66-3, there's a set on ebay that's almost complete!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Antique-Sin...item56452c09f4