Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-15-2011, 07:15 PM

I have two in the basement that are so dirty, they are in plastic bags.
Too many machines, not enough life to go around.
Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I wanna red eye! I wanna hank crank! I wanna...I wanna...!

My grandma used to say wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which one gets full first!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 PM

Try--very carefully--Goo Gone.
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just picked up a 1920 electric Red Eye. The machine is in great shape except that someone put scotch tape all over it even on the decals. What can I use to get the tape off with
out damaging the decales? The portable cabinet is in bad shape. Kathie
Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 PM

It's a 9W. Go right now and buy it. You'll need a special needle, but you can find them.

I love my 9W--sews a fabulous stitch. Wish I could go sew on it right now! (Grandbaby asleep in sewing room.)

Originally Posted by lee231
Need the experts on this one. What model is it?

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/2494301959.html
Old 07-15-2011, 07:25 PM

So, what I've been wondering (for the past 13 or 14 years anyway) is why there aren't any more sewing machine nuts right here in central Kentucky? Why all of you that are lusting after the machines in my basement live in Texas? Or Washington state? By the way, there are a LOT of fabulous machines coming out of Texas (mostly coming from England in furniture shipments). There are many there that I drool over.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
So, what I've been wondering (for the past 13 or 14 years anyway) is why there aren't any more sewing machine nuts right here in central Kentucky? Why all of you that are lusting after the machines in my basement live in Texas? Or Washington state? By the way, there are a LOT of fabulous machines coming out of Texas (mostly coming from England in furniture shipments). There are many there that I drool over.
There's an ebay seller out of "Cut n Shoot" Texas that has some to die for machines!!!
Sharon W.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 PM

It's a 9W. Go right now and buy it. You'll need a special needle, but you can find them.

I love my 9W--sews a fabulous stitch. Wish I could go sew on it right now! (Grandbaby asleep in sewing room.)

Originally Posted by lee231
Need the experts on this one. What model is it?

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/2494301959.html
I couldn't agree more!! LOVE mine! The needle is a 127x1, nearly impossible to find in THAT form, but the Boye needles are on ebay all the time, and now there's a new needle that I've seen on ebay that fits this machine too! I was doin' a happy dance when I saw those!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:46 PM

Even though it means I have to bid against everyone here for his machines, I have to tell you all--he is the best of the best. You can buy his machines and know they will be as listed, and that he will have packed carefully and the machine will arrive in good shape. I don't know how many machines I have bought from him, but buy with confidence.
Originally Posted by purplefiend
There's an ebay seller out of "Cut n Shoot" Texas that has some to die for machines!!!
Sharon W.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:54 PM

Got this Singer Model 15-90 (I think) for $25.00. Serial #AH003406 from 1947. Nice cabinet with even a knee motor control attached. Came with a bunch of attachments but no manual. Anyone has information on this machine I'd apprecitate it. Will post pics.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227060.jpe   attachment-227061.jpe   attachment-227064.jpe   attachment-227067.jpe   attachment-227070.jpe  

attachment-227072.jpe  
Old 07-15-2011, 09:03 PM

Great deal, beautiful condition. Can be treadled or cranked!!
Originally Posted by newborn
Got this Singer Model 15-90 (I think) for $25.00. Serial #AH003406 from 1947. Nice cabinet with even a knee motor control attached. Came with a bunch of attachments but no manual. Anyone has information on this machine I'd apprecitate it. Will post pics.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:06 PM

Well Miz Johnny, I'm from Eastern Ky and I guess you can add me to the sewing machine nuts of KY. :) And I'd love to have the machines in your basement too...