Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-15-2011, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by newborn
Got this Singer Model 15-90 (I think) for $25.00. Serial #AH003406 from 1947. Nice cabinet with even a knee motor control attached. Came with a bunch of attachments but no manual. Anyone has information on this machine I'd apprecitate it. Will post pics.
You can download a manual for your machine from ISMACS, here:
http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...e-manuals.html

Nice machine!! You're going to love it!!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 PM

Thanks Charlee.
Originally Posted by Charlee
Got this Singer Model 15-90 (I think) for $25.00. Serial #AH003406 from 1947. Nice cabinet with even a knee motor control attached. Came with a bunch of attachments but no manual. Anyone has information on this machine I'd apprecitate it. Will post pics.
You can download a manual for your machine from ISMACS, here:
http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...e-manuals.html

Nice machine!! You're going to love it!!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just picked up a 1920 electric Red Eye. The machine is in great shape except that someone put scotch tape all over it even on the decals. What can I use to get the tape off with
out damaging the decales? The portable cabinet is in bad shape. Kathie
Kathy, I've used WD40 to remove sticky things from a lot of nice things. Just do a test spot with a qtip. Also have used GooGone but it smells worse than WD40. WD40 is like a miracle drug!! :)
Old 07-15-2011, 09:35 PM

Kathy, I've used WD40 to remove sticky things from a lot of nice things. Just do a test spot with a qtip. Also have used GooGone but it smells worse than WD40. WD40 is like a miracle drug!! :)

You guys have come up with a lot of wonderful ideas. Thank
you. Kathie
Old 07-15-2011, 09:35 PM

Woo hoo! Glad there's at least one more. I can't fit many more machines in my house, so you're going to have to take over.

Well Miz Johnny, I'm from Eastern Ky and I guess you can add me to the sewing machine nuts of KY. :) And I'd love to have the machines in your basement too...
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
So, what I've been wondering (for the past 13 or 14 years anyway) is why there aren't any more sewing machine nuts right here in central Kentucky? Why all of you that are lusting after the machines in my basement live in Texas? Or Washington state? By the way, there are a LOT of fabulous machines coming out of Texas (mostly coming from England in furniture shipments). There are many there that I drool over.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
Picked this up today at garage sale, electrified 66 redeye, made in Scotland sometime after 1935. The case is trash and the hinge pins don't line up. Was make offer, got it for $10, thought I did OK. Has a new rubber belt with it, hanging on the arm and 5 metal, 3 plastic bobbins. Would be a good one to covert to handcrank, already has the right hand wheel.
Lee that looks like the Red Eye I got today. My case is held together with duck tape. :cry: I sure do not understand some people. Kathie
Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 AM

This is a pic of the sample sewing machine coming up on an auction this week.

salesman sample or ?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227091[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227085.jpe  
Old 07-16-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by lee231
This is a pic of the sample sewing machine coming up on an auction this week.
that is so cute, what is the make...
Old 07-16-2011, 05:38 AM

Woo hoo! Glad there's at least one more. I can't fit many more machines in my house, so you're going to have to take over.

Well Miz Johnny, I'm from Eastern Ky and I guess you can add me to the sewing machine nuts of KY. :) And I'd love to have the machines in your basement too...
So, what I've been wondering (for the past 13 or 14 years anyway) is why there aren't any more sewing machine nuts right here in central Kentucky? Why all of you that are lusting after the machines in my basement live in Texas? Or Washington state? By the way, there are a LOT of fabulous machines coming out of Texas (mostly coming from England in furniture shipments). There are many there that I drool over.
I am not in KY, but in Cleveland, OH. The distance is drivable. Especially for a cool sewing machine!
Old 07-16-2011, 05:45 AM

I brought home a little machine Thursday night, front says Sewrite, back says Regal. It was free in small cabinet. Notice the small/little reference. The motor is gone. My question is, can I put a Kenmore motor on it? And if I do, will it work right? Camera dead or I would post pics. Then yesterday I drove down to Columbus, OH and picked up a red eye treadle, dirty, but decals, irons in great shape. Cabinet needs work. I also brought home 2 Kenmores. Now I have 4 machines sitting in my kitchen. My son just shook his head and went home after unloading.