Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Here is another CL find. Not for me, although if I didn't already have a slew of machines AND a Tiffany machine I'd be tempted. Here is a1920 Model 15-30 Tiffany in a Parlor Cabinet, $150:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2631604415.html

I believe last spring it was listed (looking at the address) for a lot higher by itself, now they are trying to move it with a garage sale. If it was this price back then, it would be sitting in my house right now!
I'd SO be on that one if I could...that parlor cabinet is on my wish list!! I've gotten to the point where I have to be super selective....I'm out of room!! :lol:
Old 10-04-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I have a question I'm sure I already know the answer to. Because my Necchi is in a cabinet and the cords are plugged into a box attached to the cabinet, I probably should sell it as a unit. Correct??
Not necessarily. As long as you detach the part that's attached to the cabinet (it should be between both the foot controller and the plug) and sell it with the machine, there's no reason you can't keep the cabinet. The next person can just screw that same box to their own cabinet.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:10 PM

I have a complaint!!

I am getting no sewing done... I go into my sewing room, look at all the pretty vintage machines and can't decide which one to use.... :)
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 PM

I don't particularly want the Necchi cabinet, though it is a nice little size, I just don't think I'll find a local buyer for the machine and I can't ship the cabinet. I know the machines were shipped from Italy with no cabinets and the cabinets added here, but it still seems like they belong together.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
I don't particularly want the Necchi cabinet, though it is a nice little size, I just don't think I'll find a local buyer for the machine and I can't ship the cabinet. I know the machines were shipped from Italy with no cabinets and the cabinets added here, but it still seems like they belong together.
can a Singer fit the cabinet? If not it needs to stay with the Necchi.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

I donated 10 inches of hair - WOW I feel so FREE!!!! I've wanted to donate hair since I was in 4th grade - there was a girl who had to wear a wig... I always wanted to do it and never knew how. I went to Great Clips and they were so excited for me!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
I donated 10 inches of hair - WOW I feel so FREE!!!! I've wanted to donate hair since I was in 4th grade - there was a girl who had to wear a wig... I always wanted to do it and never knew how. I went to Great Clips and they were so excited for me!!!
It feels wonderful, doesn't it? Three years ago I donated 14 inches to the cancer org who make wigs for women who have lost theirs due to chemo. I had a friend who was diagnosed at stage 3 so when her's fell out, I cut mine off. I'm growing it now so I can donate again. It grows fast and isn't much of a problem so, why not?
Old 10-04-2011, 12:54 PM

I finally got time to get my 603 sewing - and I didn't throw it once! It's sewing very nicely now. The tension was all messed up, which had messed up the reel holder. Fixed the tension, then had to adjust the reel holder. The older machines are definitely much easier! Now on to that 66 for my sister - I have a feeling all it's going to need is a little bit of oiling (and the slide plate cover and spring.)
Old 10-04-2011, 12:57 PM

I purchased a Sphynx treadle sewing machine...127? I think the presser bar is froze up on it so it won't move the presser foot up and done. My husband at the moment is trying to soak it in something at the moment. If he can't unfreeze it I was wondering how to obtain a new bar for my machine? Thanks!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:00 PM

Just keep working with it by hand. pushing up and down. DH sprayed with WD 40 and tap lightly with a rubber hammer. He has freed up several of them.