Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-02-2011, 11:53 AM

Another item for my basement sewing room.
This is gorgeous!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2628853850.html
Old 10-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Google Goddess

thanks for the information
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by craftybear
Does anyone have an old sewing machine like this one???

White Number 8

our member karate lady (is looking for a manual for this one as she just bought it)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-157307-1.htm
Here is your friend's White! http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...PRnPV?start=60

Click on the 1942 White VS8. That is your friend's model.

Nancy
Old 10-02-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Does anyone have an old sewing machine like this one???

White Number 8

our member karate lady (is looking for a manual for this one as she just bought it)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-157307-1.htm
It looks like a copy of the Singer 27/127 or 28/128 so maybe the manual for them could be downloaded for free and would do.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Originally Posted by MrsBoats
Is there anyway to replace decals so that they look original, or close to it? Really light vinyl decal? Stencil? Paint pen?
You can get water slide decal paper and use an art program and make your own. The paper comes in two types, one for light backgrounds and one for dark. I got some off the internet to make some for a couple of mine but haven't taken time to do it yet. Just google water slide decal paper and you should be able to find vendors. :thumbup:
Interesting-I never knew such a thing existed! And it looks like something I can do, if I can get a good shot of the logo. Thanks!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

Hey gang the boss is back!! :-D :-D :-D

Well I felt like hopping on for a bit and seeing what is going on in here. I feel like crap to say the least today and just walking to the studio and sitting out there looking around at my stash and coming back in wore me completely out. But I am not going to complain I am still alive and doing quite well from where I was 12 days ago.

The machine in Louisville KY is a 327 and would make anyone a nice machine. Funny you run into more 328K's that you do the good old American issue 327. But for $10 if I felt like driving I would go get it myself so I could get out of the house. Its only a 6 hour drive one way! Also that machine can be slapped into a treadle if you wanted to with just a tad bit of modification.

I am going to try and to look at the last 10 or so pages while I am here to catch up a bit. And while it is still fresh on my mind my SIL called and told me that they had my F&R MOP in their possession and was wanting to know if I wanted them to ship it or wait until I see them again later this year. I told them to wait........

Billy
Old 10-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

Hey gang the boss is back!! :-D :-D :-D

Well I felt like hopping on for a bit and seeing what is going on in here. I feel like crap to say the least today and just walking to the studio and sitting out there looking around at my stash and coming back in wore me completely out. But I am not going to complain I am still alive and doing quite well from where I was 12 days ago.

The machine in Louisville KY is a 327 and would make anyone a nice machine. Funny you run into more 328K's that you do the good old American issue 327. But for $10 if I felt like driving I would go get it myself so I could get out of the house. Its only a 6 hour drive one way! Also that machine can be slapped into a treadle if you wanted to with just a tad bit of modification.

I am going to try and to look at the last 10 or so pages while I am here to catch up a bit. And while it is still fresh on my mind my SIL called and told me that they had my F&R MOP in their possession and was wanting to know if I wanted them to ship it or wait until I see them again later this year. I told them to wait........

Billy
Old 10-02-2011, 02:36 PM

Glad to hear your are improving Billy...bit by bit. It helps to keep a little "health Journal" so you can look back and see where you were. I did this and also told a friend who had a miserable illness to do this when the Doc told her that it would be about a year till she felt better and could go off meds. She said it helped.
Meanwhile, dream about the quilts you want to make, and maybe plan one outrageously creative one to work on as soon as you are able. Could be one to express your bumpy journey back to health!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Emmah sounds like a plan! I have been looking at photos that I took as I was getting the lesions and as they started going away with the meds and I can not believe the improvement. I am still bald as ever but my scalp is about 3/4's the way back to being normal with the hair follicles starting to fire up again in the non scabby areas. But my body is still wrecked with lesions that are half healed up and they have a funny hole like thing in the middle of each one of the large ones (1 1/2" or bigger) At least after my wifes careful inspection I do not have anymore wanting to pop up so I am really happy to hear that.

But it was nice to sit around all of my machines and be able to pedal the treadle a minute just to have something to do. I miss my babies!!

Billy
Old 10-02-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
This is gorgeous!

Monica, are you sure you would want to place something sew gorgeous in a basement???
Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
This is gorgeous!

Monica, are you sure you would want to place something sew gorgeous in a basement???
might just forget it's a basement