Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-18-2011, 01:19 PM

That machine is actually in Brandon. I just talked to the owner. She is holding it for me while I try to reach my DSIL. He is hunting in Wyoming and will be going right by there in a day or so. IF I can reach him, and IF he will do it, that baby is mine!!!!!!! That is the last machine on my "wish list". Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!
Oh, sshhhhh, don't tell DH, I want, no need, to surprise him.
Originally Posted by nellybelle
I have a daughter living in Brandon, SD. Wish I could
think about it, but have a fixed income, and don't know where to put it.

This is the ad you are all drooling over. Too bad I don't live close to you.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

I'm HOME! It's been a LLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG day.
It finally quit raining and DH carried it in the house - YEAH! So we opened it up. NO KEY - bummer. Hershey was right.

special effects??? Wow if only I could make that camera do it all the time... I love special effects. Looks like a ghost or something. Don't ask how I got her to sit on her side like that - I think it might be a trick she does now and then.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273436[/ATTACH]

this one for sure needs TLC - That reverse lever is painted white - I haven't really looked at her much.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273440[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-273383.jpe   attachment-273387.jpe  
Old 10-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hershery
Originally Posted by miriam
mystery machine is in the back of my car and it is raining so I'll open it later - I really like the case
singer 66 with missing parts
you got it Hershey - missing the bobbin cover slider - and the round cover in the back - she has a bit of rust in places and a fair share of grunge - she runs ok - lots of bobbin lint - the case looks pretty good.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Glenn
Charlee eat your heart out. Here is my lady all cleaned up and ready for a party
Glenn, I think we are all 'eating our hearts out!' What a great job you did - I love your machine, cabinet - the whole package! Enjoy her!

Nancy

Glenn, I don't spend a lot of time in the shop so did I miss the Model of this machine? It looks like a 127, but I have not seen those decals. I thought at first the decals were the 'Rose and Cornflower' because of the green - but, it is not that decal? Do you know what the decals are called?

Charlee can you go to the site we can't mention to see if they have that decal listed?
:) I already did...I went lookin' as soon as I saw the first pics of her! Those decals are the Orange Blossom/Dogwood Painted decals used on the Model 27 rectangular bed, and on the VS3, Model 28 1891 version, and were only used from 1890 to 1894.
I think I confused Nancy by stating to Glenn, enjoy his Singer VS2. My mistake since it isn't a VS2.
Thank you Charlee! Orange Blossom/Dogwood! Wow, so that machine has to be either a 27 or 28 since the bobbin winder is low. I can't tell by the picture - nothing to compare it to - whether it is the full sized like the 27 or the 3/4 sized 28? Glenn?

Nancy
Bojangles it is a full size 27 VS2 and it really sews great.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:45 PM

It finally quit raining and DH carried it in the house - YEAH! So we opened it up. NO KEY - bummer. Hershey was right.
A Singer 66-16 from the 50s! Good model! The reverse levers are all white on that model, although sometimes they’re so grungy that it’s hard to tell.

I was going to guess a Singer 15-91 Centennial. The handle on top of the BW case is common for 1950s machines.

Good snag.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 PM

My brother just came to visit and brought me a Singer in a cabinet, and the reverse stitch control is also painted white. Wonder why. Serial number reads AD018681. I assume it is a 66 but the ismacs list says otherwise. Maybe I am reading the number wrong.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:48 PM

Okay ladies and gents what name should we call my little flower girl 27? I have an Olga, Hilda, Louis, Little TXJan , Miss Bertha, Lucy and Big Momma. Of course I have a few that will never be named. :lol:
Glenn
Old 10-18-2011, 02:01 PM

...what name should we call my little flower girl 27?
Glenn
How about "Flower Girl"?

CD in Oklahoma
Old 10-18-2011, 02:05 PM

I like you photo it is a great shot
Glenn
Old 10-18-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
...what name should we call my little flower girl 27?
Glenn
How about "Flower Girl"?

CD in Oklahoma
I like Flower Girl and I will consider it. Thanks
Glenn