Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-27-2011, 05:20 AM

These are the pics from the CL ad. Not the best, but will suffice for now. For $35.00 I think I did good.[/quote]

My son took pics last night with his cell phone. Bad pics. Damascus Grand is in need of cleaning. Maybe this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-232311.jpe   attachment-232312.jpe   attachment-232313.jpe  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:21 AM

The decals are actually much prettier in person.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
These are the pics from the CL ad. Not the best, but will suffice for now. For $35.00 I think I did good.
My son took pics last night with his cell phone. Bad pics. Damascus Grand is in need of cleaning. Maybe this weekend.[/quote]

Very nice indeed!!! It will be a stunner once you have cleaned her all up!

I have to go get my industrial W&G today so hopefully I will post pictures tonite after I return.

Billy
Old 07-27-2011, 05:33 AM

I live in Kentucky. Come and help me. Better yet, come to my yard sale this weekend and buy all this stuff!!

I always say I'm not a hoarder, I'm an archivist. I've been at this for years. Back 35 or 40 years ago I had a roommate who told me, "Posterity called. She says she doesn't want your stuff, either!"
People just don't appreciate what I'm doing for history here. LOL!
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I like going through china too! Where do you live? Sewing machines and china, your basement is an antique shop!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
I am sure I paid to much for the portable but it ran so good and seems to be complete. The cabinet one was $100, is that to much? I did not know they had attachments for these machines. I’m sure what I will do with them.
No, that's not too much. Don't know what you gave for the portable, but the decals are in WONDERFUL condition. I would have bought them, too!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 AM

If I had access to all the machines some of you do, I would be stacking them 3 deep. It's rare that there's anything here. Most of my machines came from travels in one direction or another. Wonder why Kansas has so many good machines??
Originally Posted by tomilu
Interesting ad on Craigslist. Pfaff treadle in parlor cabinet from Europe.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2515434041.html

Tommie
Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 AM

Hey Billy, How are you? Hope you are feeling better. I do have a question about cleaning the Damacus (and others). If the decals "silver" when I clean is there a way to make them gold again. Could I use paint or gold-leaf? What do you think?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
If I had access to all the machines some of you do, I would be stacking them 3 deep. It's rare that there's anything here. Most of my machines came from travels in one direction or another. Wonder why Kansas has so many good machines??
Originally Posted by tomilu
Interesting ad on Craigslist. Pfaff treadle in parlor cabinet from Europe.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2515434041.html

Tommie
I do not know, but it is wonderful. I just have to not go looking or I will surely come home with something.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:43 AM

Have just gotten my first can of Evaporust. It is truely wonderful stuff. The only place I can find here is Harbor Freight.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Heehee!

My daughter is sewing a pair of pants right now, and she ran into trouble doing the top stitching with her Janome TB30, birds nests underside.

I told her she could use one of my machines. I told her that I have a couple that produce beautiful top and bottom stitches. Well, the look of horror on her face made just made me laugh. I told her not the TREADLES, but my 401 or FW. She said maybe...no that's okay. Well, I got the 401 out, set it up, did a test run with fabric and thread. And she said "Your machine WINS".

So, she sits down to work with the 401, hits the foot pedal, and says "oh, man, this machine goes". heehee She also said " that big hunker of a thing goes faster than my Janome". So now, she is getting use to the 401's speed and learning to control the machine to use for her top stitching. I told her she could still try a treadle. :)
Monica, it is a good thing you chose the 401 for her. Those FWs are absolutely great piecing machine, but not powerful enough for jeans (if that is what her pants are)! You need a treadle for those!

Nancy