Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-27-2011, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
Sunday after I tried to arrange my machines for a walking path.
I decided no more machines, I not looking any more.
Monday after shopping for food I came home started reading my mail when I got an e-mail from a friend” saying her friend wanted to get rid of 2 machines and I called her. Well you know the rest. Never say never!
I don’t know where the ID on these are, I am sure I paid to much for the portable but it ran so good and seems to be complete. The cabinet one was $100, is that to much? I did not know they had attachments for these machines. I’m sure what I will do with them. The chain stitching I have is done with commercial machines, much faster and better coverage.

my W&G portable/case
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130994-13.htm

W&G /cabinet
That portable is gorgeous and with all those items!!!!
I think you did well! Post the attachments in the attachment thread. I would love to see how they work!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:06 AM

The only way I know how to scan and save is in corel draw and it is a CDL file you can’t open it with out the program. How ever I just bought “office” when I install and learn it,mabey I can. I need a computer tutor.
The 45page book list these:binder-braider-corder-corder foot-cutting guage-edge stitcher-embroidery-gatherer-guide-hand attachment-hemmers,26-27-28-29-30-31-32-hemstitcher-quilter-ruffler-tucker-traveling case. I had no idea it could do any of these things. The little pointed pieces are different hemmers.O yes, the treadle is 1904 and the portable is 1930.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Heehee!

My daughter is sewing a pair of pants right now, and she ran into trouble doing the top stitching with her Janome TB30, birds nests underside.

I told her she could use one of my machines. I told her that I have a couple that produce beautiful top and bottom stitches. Well, the look of horror on her face made just made me laugh. I told her not the TREADLES, but my 401 or FW. She said maybe...no that's okay. Well, I got the 401 out, set it up, did a test run with fabric and thread. And she said "Your machine WINS".

So, she sits down to work with the 401, hits the foot pedal, and says "oh, man, this machine goes". heehee She also said " that big hunker of a thing goes faster than my Janome". So now, she is getting use to the 401's speed and learning to control the machine to use for her top stitching. I told her she could still try a treadle. :)
ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!
I sold my Janome after I found a 401g in the trash... I liked how it felt even though it didn't sew... So I bought a Singer 500 - then I found a 403 at GW - now that is the BOMB (sold the 500) It is simpler and easier to work on and has more adjustment for the stitch widths. My DD hasn't reconciled - she still is using a stupid Viking she took with her when she moved out. DIL uses a Singer 503 I fixed up for $5. Her mother can't figure out how I got her to sew in 1 day after she begged the kid to learn for years. :mrgreen:
I got my sister hooked on the 403 and she got a 404 for her GD - that kid can SEW! I got a 404 for my GD but her mommy can't figure it out so it sets. (that GD doesn't relate to me so much as the others) One day DD the electronics will go out again on the Viking - she will try out the 404...
Old 07-27-2011, 03:41 AM

Interesting ad on Craigslist. Pfaff treadle in parlor cabinet from Europe.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2515434041.html

Tommie
Old 07-27-2011, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
I don’t know where the ID on these are, I am sure I paid to much for the portable but it ran so good and seems to be complete. The cabinet one was $100, is that to much? I did not know they had attachments for these machines. I’m sure what I will do with them. The chain stitching I have is done with commercial machines, much faster and better coverage.

my W&G portable/case

W&G /cabinet
Beautiful machines. I would of paid that much for them. Great friend to call you about those.

I just put one more parlor cabinet in my garage. I am almost filled in my path. :-o
Old 07-27-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
You don't want me for an idol. Remember all the talk about my basement? I am tackling boxes of dishes I've stored beside my dryer for the past FOUR years. (I put them away so I could get out Christmas decorations. Four years ago.) Some of it is Japanese luster, which I collect, but some is just plain STUFF. The dryer hose has come loose at some time in the past, and the boxes are covered with lint. It flies in my eyes and up my nose and probably in my hair. I'm taking a break right now because my eyes are itching and I'M TIRED OF WORKING, LOL. If I get black lung from the lint, someone has to sue Whirlpool, OK?
I keep hoping I'll find the key to the china cabinet when going through these boxes, but no such luck. I'm pretty sure it's in a bone jar that I packed away sometime back in the mists of time.

Incorrigible.
Oh Miz Johnny, you are staying up way too late and working on that kind of stuff. But we may be kindrid souls. I have boxes of stuff that have moved and not been unpacked. I am doing better and putting things in a box for a garage sale. But now my garage is full of sewing machine cabinets. It would be dangerous if I had a basement. :-o
Old 07-27-2011, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
These two are in my neck of the woods, but they put a reserve on them. They have a Spartan, too, but last time it went to $35 and never hit the reserve price and got relisted, so my guess is this one will have a high reserve on it also. Too bad since I wouldn't have to pay shipping.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8266522

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8266467
I have bid on the Spartan before. Too bad they always put a reserve on their machines. If they got rid of the reserve or lowered it they would actually sell them.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:50 AM

Quilt Addict

You should be able to take that broken part to a welding shop and have it brazed or torch welded. HTH's
Old 07-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by deplaylady
I wrote them an email and told them the same thing. They sent me a reply 3 days ago saying "Thank you, that worked and we are updating the listing." Only they never updated the listing.
Your not supposed to do that, it takes the fun out of getting something good for next to nothing. Plus if they already had a bid on it they can not update the listing.

Billy
If you scroll down under the original description there is an update. No pic though.
Centennial Badged 128.......

Billy
Old 07-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Was excited but now sad. This is the first machine (Singer 127, alloted March 19, 1924, Serial # G0710265) that has gotten the entire spa treatement. It was BAAADDD. So I thought it was a good candidate for me to learn on. Well turned out beautifully. So last night I was doing the last assembly and hoped to put in a treadle and try sewing with it. I struggled to get the shuttle carrier back in. I was going to quit but got a phone call. Then went back and got it to slide into position. When I tightened the screw, the piece the holds it broke off. :cry:

So now decision:
1. Does it become a decorative parts machine?
2. Can I try some weld stuff to glue it together?
3. Look for replacement part 8444?

Oh well, on to the next lady waiting for spa treatment.
Lisa have no fear I think I have one in the studio if I took it off of that old parts machine, if I do its yours!

Billy