Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by nickylsf
Didn't you say they came with your DAVIS? I'm pretty sure they're FOR that machine...

Hi Charlee, yes they came with the machine, but don't fit it. There is a diagram on the needleplate showing the size of the needle to use, and it is the size of regular 1x15 needles.
Nickylsf, you have (If I remember correctly) the NVF, which takes a normal 15x1 needle. Those longs may have been something purchased before the previous owner realized she didn't need the longs? I'd keep them, you never know when you will find a Davis Veritcal Feed that needs them.

Nancy
Nancy, you are right, one never knows... I will keep them for a while. :)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 PM

Where do I find the ID number on my new W&G chainstitch machines?
Phyllis nm
Old 07-26-2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by luce321
Nancy, I wonder if Tarzan was grieving for you. Just recently, my daughter boarded her three dogs and went on a five day vacation. On her return she found out from the vet that one of her dogs quit eating or drinking and was even vomiting. He could not find anything medically wrong with him. After she got him home he still was not eating or drinking much. It took over a week for him to get to feeling himself again. I am so sorry that you lost your beloved pet.
I am sure he was, but with a 3.5 pound dog there is no reserve if he quits drinking. I can't even think about it, it makes me so sick. There is so much I wish I had done differently . . . . . . . . . . . I just would have never thought something like this could happen.

Nancy
Old 07-26-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Viola
Hi Billy,
Have been a looker so far but love the Sewing Shop!
My son bought what he thought was an old Singer, because it had loads of Singer assessories with it, at a tag sale for me. It turned out to be a Superior brand made by BEBA Sewing Corp. Model # 22430. That's all I can see on the machine and I'm sorry I can't download a picture. I love the machine but it doesn't have a foot control and I'm not sure where to order one because of how little I have been able to find out. It has two plug cords, one for the motor, one for the mounted light. Any info I could get would be greatly appreciated. PS it is made in Japan.
Linda
Linda, you need to post a picture. You probably have a 15 or 99 clone. Lots of 15 and 99 clones were made after WW 11 in Japan throughout the late 40's and 50's into 60's. Those are great machines too!

Nancy
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Wow that cabinet is GONE!!! :shock: Oh well, it's not the cabinet I necessarily need, although it would be nice to find a whole cabinet and Singer irons. But I don't think the brand of irons matter, right? Experts, please let me know if I am right on this. The cabinet would be a problem because of where the hinge attaches, but the irons are universal? Thanks!!

I have a set of Elgin irons that have a top from a Singer coffin top and it currently has my Singer 66-1 Red Eye in it. Here's a picture of my 15-90 Singer in the same treadle.
Webshots album has the pictures of the irons.
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561693025dGRxEd
Sharon W.

1949 Singer 15-90
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232251[/ATTACH]

1910 Singer 66-1 Red Eye decals
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232252[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-232245.jpe   attachment-232246.jpe  
Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Originally Posted by quilt addict
So now decision:
1. Does it become a decorative parts machine?
2. Can I try some weld stuff to glue it together?
3. Look for replacement part 8444?

Oh well, on to the next lady waiting for spa treatment.
If the 27 has interchangeable parts I have a 27 I am going to probably part out.
Would you be interested
AbbyQuilts, I'm not sure but I think it will. I will have to wait for one of the experts to chime in. But I would be interested if it works.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:03 PM

How easy is it to get that part off? If it comes off, one of us surely has the part you need. I just junked a 127; stripped off the parts I thought I might use and got rid of the body. Not sure if I have another parts machine or not--but someone here surely will!
Was excited but now sad. This is the first machine (Singer 127, alloted March 19, 1924, Serial # G0710265) that has gotten the entire spa treatement. It was BAAADDD. So I thought it was a good candidate for me to learn on. Well turned out beautifully. So last night I was doing the last assembly and hoped to put in a treadle and try sewing with it. I struggled to get the shuttle carrier back in. I was going to quit but got a phone call. Then went back and got it to slide into position. When I tightened the screw, the piece the holds it broke off. :cry:

So now decision:
1. Does it become a decorative parts machine?
2. Can I try some weld stuff to glue it together?
3. Look for replacement part 8444?

Oh well, on to the next lady waiting for spa treatment.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
How easy is it to get that part off? If it comes off, one of us surely has the part you need. I just junked a 127; stripped off the parts I thought I might use and got rid of the body. Not sure if I have another parts machine or not--but someone here surely will]
It looks like it should be easy to get off. Just the big screw that goes through the center and into the base of the machine. There is also another screw to an arm that makes it swing the shuttle. I think I can do it but did not want to take it apart until Billy or someone like you chime in and say it can be done.

Thanks you are one of my idols.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:10 PM

How easy is it to get that part off? If it comes off, one of us surely has the part you need. I just junked a 127; stripped off the parts I thought I might use and got rid of the body. Not sure if I have another parts machine or not--but someone here surely will]
It looks like it should be easy to get off. Just the big screw that goes through the center and into the base of the machine. There is also another screw to an arm that makes it swing the shuttle. I think I can do it but did not want to take it apart until Billy or someone like you chime in and say it can be done.

I think the shuttle maybe different for the 27 and 127 but that part maybe the same but you are right and should find out from someone who knows better because I dont lol
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM

You don't want me for an idol. Remember all the talk about my basement? I am tackling boxes of dishes I've stored beside my dryer for the past FOUR years. (I put them away so I could get out Christmas decorations. Four years ago.) Some of it is Japanese luster, which I collect, but some is just plain STUFF. The dryer hose has come loose at some time in the past, and the boxes are covered with lint. It flies in my eyes and up my nose and probably in my hair. I'm taking a break right now because my eyes are itching and I'M TIRED OF WORKING, LOL. If I get black lung from the lint, someone has to sue Whirlpool, OK?
I keep hoping I'll find the key to the china cabinet when going through these boxes, but no such luck. I'm pretty sure it's in a bone jar that I packed away sometime back in the mists of time.

Incorrigible.