Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2111 of 4383 FirstFirst ... 1111 1611 2011 2061 2101 2110 2111 2112 2121 2161 2211 2611 3111 ... LastLast
Results 21,101 to 21,110 of 43829

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    It followed me home--Honest!! I stopped by Goodwill and they had nothing, as usual. The guy parked next to me was unloading his van full of stuff to donate to Goodwill. The first thing he pulled out was a two tone green cabinet. I asked if it was a sewing machine and he said yes, would I like it???? Well, I'd certainly like to see it. I took one look and said Yes ! He was thrilled, said his wife has had it two years and never did anything with it, so he was getting rid of it. I didn't even know the number until I got home to look it up. It is a 319W !!! Serial number W1669240. All the parts seem to be there, but only one cam. There are 3 bobbins and 3 needles. He was happy to be rid of it, and I was tickled "green". Are they collectable??? Much newer than what I am used to.

When did they make these machines???

Texas Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Go back a few pages and I just asked about this exact machine. Great find!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
    It followed me home--Honest!! I stopped by Goodwill and they had nothing, as usual. The guy parked next to me was unloading his van full of stuff to donate to Goodwill. The first thing he pulled out was a two tone green cabinet. I asked if it was a sewing machine and he said yes, would I like it???? Well, I'd certainly like to see it. I took one look and said Yes ! He was thrilled, said his wife has had it two years and never did anything with it, so he was getting rid of it. I didn't even know the number until I got home to look it up. It is a 319W !!! Serial number W1669240. All the parts seem to be there, but only one cam. There are 3 bobbins and 3 needles. He was happy to be rid of it, and I was tickled "green". Are they collectable??? Much newer than what I am used to.

Texas Jan
    I have cams

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam

Texas Jan
    I have cams
    Do you have the machine, too???
    Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Did you buy it??? What was it selling for??
    Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam

Texas Jan
    I have cams
    Do you have the machine, too???
    Texas Jan
    I do not have the machine - I do have 4 or 5 cams in a box marked 306

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Did you buy it??? What was it selling for??
    Texas Jan
    No, it was for sale near me, but I like the one you got better (green on green). They were selling the black one in a nice cabinet for $80 and I have to say the ad was up a while. I think this machine is going to put off a lot of people, because it uses specialty (expensive) needles. I don't know what attachments or cams were with it.

http://www.servirem.com.ar/nueva.html tells when 319 and all machines are made.The 319 is 1955-57.

Well singer anyway.

Wayyyy back I posted mine but here it is again. $1 at a yardsale. My singer man said it is a great machine, and one of the first one that automatically zigzagged, I think. Anyway, it is a cutie and I made a baby quilt like my avitar with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images