Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by melinda1962
I know this isn't very vintage, but I wanted to share my latest 15. I think it has powerful lines, and it came today via UPS. It sews and came with a zig zagger and a complete set of attachments. Happy dance.
One very cool retro machine! I bet is will sew just swell!
Old 10-13-2011, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter
Originally Posted by miriam
Well worth the trouble to bring back to life. You need one for each girl...
I was thinking the same thing! :) So now I have an excuse to fill up the house with more sewing machines right?
Not an excuse, more like an obligation to your girls. Be a good mom and get more machines! :lol:
Old 10-13-2011, 03:52 AM

[
How fun, and it even has the blue foot pedal to match! The variety of colors on these cool retro machines is really neat to see. Hmm...could be a theme for collecting, try to find one of every color. :)[/quote]
Don't do that to me! I promised myself I would stop at 6 vintage machines. Now I have to start looking for colors! I guess I could find somewhere for some more machines to fit in the house....
;)
Old 10-13-2011, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
I know this isn't very vintage, but I wanted to share my latest 15. I think it has powerful lines, and it came today via UPS. It sews and came with a zig zagger and a complete set of attachments. Happy dance.
Gotham, as in Gotham City, where Batman lived??? Japanese made, I am guessing. I am so amused by the names on these clones -- after classy cars, fairy tales and superheros.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:16 AM

Item number: 290617986295 on eBay. What is this Singer item? It's described as a ruffler ..........
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2011, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Suzi
Item number: 290617986295 on eBay. What is this Singer item? It's described as a ruffler ..........
Thats a pinking machine, They sale for upwards of $200.00
they don't know what they have, LOL
Old 10-13-2011, 05:41 AM

IF anyone is interested in a vintage sewing machine in the Ashville, NC area, looks like a a15-90 to me

http://fullmoonbusclub.com/plugins/f...opic.php?33727
AJ 290061
Old 10-13-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by jljack
Addicting, isn't it?? LOL Since coming on this thread I have gained a TON of knowledge and 7 vintage machines!
Yes, it sure IS addicting! I have two treadles, a featherweight, a (new to me) 301a, Kenmore Elite, and a couple of toy sewing machines...these I just acquired over the last few years because I love to sew and love having these around. Holy cow, I think I'm in trouble because now you all have given me an excuse to become an all out hoarder!!! Lol* :)
Hi Pumkinpatchquilter!

I quickly looked through your cute blog.
Your work is awesome!!

You have a very nice collection of vintage machines too.
You should start using them in your quilting -if you haven't.
You could start with your Singer 15 for your free motion quilting. You will find the harp space larger than your modern machine.

Please share your work with us in the thread title " Quilts made using vintage machines".

Looking forward to seeing more of your work! Have fun with the vintage ladies and gents!

Thanks for that thread, I will watch it too.
How am I ever going to get all these machines fixed and do some sewing if I'm watching all of you do this great stuff?!!!
Keep it going!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bennett
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Anyone interested in this treadle?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2646122930.html

Nancy
Can you guarantee a win?? :)
LOL!!!!!!!

Melinda cool looking machine! I'd of gotten that one! And, I am still looking for a red 15 clone!

Nancy
Old 10-13-2011, 07:19 AM

Thank you Nancy! Oh your information on the Sphinx sewing machine (is it sphinx or sphynx?) is so helpful!!! I looked up the 27 and 127 on the ISMACS website and found a similar machine, and the exact cabinet! In the morning when I can see better I will look for the shuttle winder. It would have taken me ages to discover that if not for your narrowing it down for me, thank you!
You are welcome, but we still need to see a picture of your machine. The Sphinx decal was also used on some very eary 15's. Singer started making the 15's in 1895. If you have one of those with the Sphinx decal, you are in the minority! Those are very hard to find! Does your machine have a shuttle? Or does it have a bobbin? The model 27/127 has a shuttle (vibrating shuttle), the model 15's have bobbins (oscillating)!

Nancy