Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2698 of 4396 FirstFirst ... 1698 2198 2598 2648 2688 2697 2698 2699 2708 2748 2798 3198 3698 ... LastLast
Results 26,971 to 26,980 of 43959

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollie'sMom View Post
    I am lost also. could not remember my password and was begining to think I had lost you guys. Whats all this Junior member --Senior Member--Super member and so on?
    Thought I was the only one to forget my password. Had to get a new one. Sometimes I feel really out of it!
    Loraine

I don't remember who, but I think someone here has a desire for Red vintage sewing machines. I saw these both on CL but the prices are out of this world. But I would gladly foster the first one if someone was so inclined.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/art/2679134807.html

and in Phoenix

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/atq/2677999790.html

Interesting that they are the same model.
    Lisa

Interesting new format.
    "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

I love your sewing machine fabric.
    Dutchgirl

Blog Entries

Automatic Updates

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Ok does anyone know how to get automatic updates from here like we use to? I have done some research and can't seem to figure out where to go to get the automatic updates?

Nancy
    If you go to Settings in the upper right corner, then scroll down to My Account on the left side of the screen you can choose General Settings. Scroll some more and you will see a place in the center of the page to change how you get email notifications of new posts . At least I think that is where you change it. I have mine set for immediate notifications by email and so far I haven't received one yet. So maybe it is not the correct place, but it seems like it might be. Look at it and see what you think.
    Linda
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    If you go to Settings in the upper right corner, then scroll down to My Account on the left side of the screen you can choose General Settings. Scroll some more and you will see a place in the center of the page to change how you get email notifications of new posts . At least I think that is where you change it. I have mine set for immediate notifications by email and so far I haven't received one yet. So maybe it is not the correct place, but it seems like it might be. Look at it and see what you think.
    Linda
    I did that too but I haven't had any emails.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
    I don't remember who, but I think someone here has a desire for Red vintage sewing machines. I saw these both on CL but the prices are out of this world. But I would gladly foster the first one if someone was so inclined.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/art/2679134807.html

and in Phoenix

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/atq/2677999790.html

Interesting that they are the same model.
    Wow...all very overpriced! What in the world?????!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    Hey Glenn -- can you take a quick look at the 15 in treadle cabinet I posted pic of a few pages back & give me some tips on redoing the finish? It's old varnish that has cracked and chipped. No damage to the wood at all. Thanks!
    Actually it is shellac but to make sure if the finish softens with the denatured alcohol it is shellac. I would clean the cabinet first. You can use my tut on cleaning and reviving the finish. This will prep the finish for repair. Then on the bare spots where the finish is gone put some shellac on a rag with a little linseed oil as a lubricant and use a circular motion to apply the shellac then wipe with the grain of the wood. Do this until the level of the repair is even with the old. Let cure for about a week the wax with a paste wax.
    Glenn
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Ok does anyone know how to get automatic updates from here like we use to? I have done some research and can't seem to figure out where to go to get the automatic updates?

Nancy

Go to settings then on the left click on to my account scroll down to: Default Thread Subscription Mode:
    click blue arrow and pick (instantly, using e mail.) then click again so it shows in black and white not blue. Then go all the way to the bottom of page and click on save changes.
    I now get updates. Does any one know how to make the pages narrower so you don't have to move the page back and forth to read it?

I went and fixed my general settings to re-subscribe to the shop. I don't think it worked, so I'm posting here to sign back up again....

On a good note, or at least a better one, I cut the batting and backing for 4 of my runners. Two I have sprayed and pinned and ready to quilt. My poor legs are in two much pain to finish basting the other two. And I have 4 left plus a twin size quilt to go. I don't have enough stash to make practice sandwiches, so I made runners for all my dear friends for Christmas. I can practice straight line quilting on the 66. I think I'm going to draw out a few quilting ideas so I can figure out what I'm going to do.
    Proud mom/step-mom to 8 children. We promote awareness of Autism and Huntington's Disease. Please pm me if interested in sending Campbell's Soup Labels or box tops which we collect for our kids' schools.