Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Glenn started this. I'm going to show off my box. I took this to the mini TOGA that I attended in the spring, and one person came over to take a peek, thinking they had missed a Singer sewing item. They picked up the box and said OH!
Thanks to a copied image, Trader Joe's box of peppermint bark, and other goodies that I have saved, I have a sewing box.
How cool! Gives me a few more ideas.
Yeah, Glenn can really start things on here!
Been repairing my dh's long underwear tops as deer season is right around the corner. I don't know why he waits until the last few days to go through his stuff and then expects me to have them fixed in no time! Maybe because I do get them fixed!
Jan on 446
Old 11-06-2011, 02:10 PM

I am guilty for starting this but is this not fun. I like the box and singer logo you put on top. You have a great little sewing box there. We are busy sewing or cleaning old machines that we forget to have fun with making these old ladies feel at home with the things that make sewing with them easier for us.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Glenn started this. I'm going to show off my box. I took this to the mini TOGA that I attended in the spring, and one person came over to take a peek, thinking they had missed a Singer sewing item. They picked up the box and said OH!
Thanks to a copied image, Trader Joe's box of peppermint bark, and other goodies that I have saved, I have a sewing box. [ATTACH=CONFIG]282870[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282871[/ATTACH]
I never would have thought to glue a copy of the manual cover to the top of the tin. I watch for plain colored hinged tins to put with the machine if it doesn't come with something. I use a tin with a missing lid for a little thread catch all next to my Singer 403 and I have a large tin for trash. I found an M&Ms tin that perfectly holds a bunch of Elna disks. I wish I had another one like it for the rest of them. The Bernina has so much junk I found two tins alike but one is smaller for it's junk - oh - I mean accessories - tins are easy to find and cheap.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:11 PM

Well the new-to-me, not so vintage Kenmore just finished its first project. A custom fit velcro-edged window screen for a local wildlife enforcement agent to use while on patrol. Yes, if a person likes to sew, he or she will sew anything. And the Kenmore is pretty awesome. I cleaned and oiled it, and it quieted right down, and purred before I was finished. Next up for it is a baby quilt for the seller's newest grandbaby, a girl coming this Wednesday.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I am guilty for starting this but is this not fun. I like the box and singer logo you put on top. You have a great little sewing box there. We are busy sewing or cleaning old machines that we forget to have fun with making these old ladies feel at home with the things that make sewing with them easier for us.
Here is another one for you inspiration. Made this from an old cigar box to.[ATTACH=CONFIG]282900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282899[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cigar-box-019.jpg   cigar-box-020.jpg  
Old 11-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by auniqueview View Post
I apparently did something REALLY STUPID and clicked on mobile, and now I am stuck. How do I get out of this mode and back on to the regular page? I have a hard time even getting back on here. My email is [email protected]. I love the quilting board (liked it better before), but seriously, am going to end up bald from pulling my hair out. I wanted to show photos of the new machine and cabinet...accessories that came with it, etc. Is it just beyond help for me?
I did that too - I logged off and then logged back on and it came up regular - scared me to death too.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/art/2687283931.html
Attention INDIANA!!!! This is your chance!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Here is another one for you inspiration. Made this from an old cigar box to.[ATTACH=CONFIG]282900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282899[/ATTACH]
Wow Glen - I like that even better! What all is in there?
Old 11-06-2011, 02:51 PM

Glenn, Did you decoupage the Singer logo on the top of the box? I like that.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Wow Glen - I like that even better! What all is in there?
It is full of old hand needle folders and needle packets given by banks and insurrance co. etc. Even the thimbles are advertisements. These belonged to my gtandmother and wife's grandma. You can't imagine the sewing stuff that came from them including her 1916 red eye.