Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-05-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Nancy, you should be able to enable pop-ups for this website only. I'm not entirely sure how to do that now, I'm running Windows 7 on Google Chrome...and it's a new system to me.
Well something is blocked because I get nothing when I click on the 'manage attachments' box. I will ask my DH when he gets up.

Thanks Charlee, if you think of any other way to help, please let me know. I have gone through my settings, my profile, everything I can think of to see what is blocked?

Do you know if you go to 'attachments' in your 'settings' it will take you to the attachments that were posted here in this shop? I show 11 pages of attachments, I guess all the attachments from the shop.

Nancy
Old 11-05-2011, 05:54 AM

I hadn't played with that yet Nancy! Thanks! (Off to check it out!)
Old 11-05-2011, 05:55 AM

Charlee, will you go see if the 'manage attachments' box is working for you? Maybe, it is down right now? I just want to make sure it is 'only' my problem!

Nancy
Old 11-05-2011, 05:58 AM

Yes, it's working.... I'm betting it has something to do with the pop-up box.

What browser are you using?
Old 11-05-2011, 06:02 AM

Well I just checked it out and it is not working properly. It says, 'attachments posted by BoJangles,' at the top yet I look and I have several pages of the start of the "Vintage Shop,' the start of the 'Quilts Made by Vintage Machines' shop, etc., not my posts! I guess if I went through the entire thing the attachments are there, it actually shows the post number for attachments, but I don't see 'my' attachments - just the entire shops attachments!

Nancy

Sorry Charlee, I was talking about when you go to 'Settings' and scroll down to "attachments.' When you go to the 'attachments' you get a screen that says 'attachments posted by BoJangles/Charlee' etc., at the top. If you click on any of those pages, you are taken to the first page of the Vintage Shop, etc. I think what you have to do is click on the 'attachment number' to be taken to 'your' attachment post?

Yes, we are talking about two different things. I still can't post a photo. I was just playing around trying to figure out why and I came across the 'attachments' listing under your 'settings' - clear at the bottom. I clicked on that just to see where it took me. Am I still confusing you?

Last edited by BoJangles; 11-05-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:06 AM

Yes, it's working.... I'm betting it has something to do with the pop-up box.

What browser are you using?
Just the 'internet explorer.'

Nancy
Old 11-05-2011, 06:07 AM

Ok...we're maybe talking about two different things? (I admit, I'm easily confused!)

The "Attachments" that you find in your profile shows previously posted attachments. "Manage Attachments" is for uploading new ones....

Am I way off base?
Old 11-05-2011, 06:17 AM

Yes, but there are some of these older ones that I want to keep...never can tell when the info they hold will come in handy...ya know?
You can always copy and paste these older emails to a note pad and save them on your computer.
If you just select the messages you want to delete then hit selected you will get a new menu that has several options, as in delete selected.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:24 AM

Thanks Donna!

Nancy...You can enable the pop-ups for just this site. In the upper right corner of your IE, there is a wrench. Click on that, and then click on "Options". On the left side of the window is a menu, click on "Tools". Beside the "Pop Up" blocker option, click on "Edit". It will have a box that will allow you to enter the QB URL. That should allow you to get pop-ups from this website only without getting pops on every site you visit.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:27 AM

Ok...we're maybe talking about two different things? (I admit, I'm easily confused!)

The "Attachments" that you find in your profile shows previously posted attachments. "Manage Attachments" is for uploading new ones....

Am I way off base?
No, I am confusing you. I answered a couple posts back. Yes, we are talking about two different things.

While playing around with why I can't post a photo, I found the 'attachments' box clear down at the bottom of 'settings.' I was playing around in there to see it there was something I needed to do to get my photos uploaded and found that - that application looks like it should just list each individual's past attachments because at the top it says 'attachments posted by BoJangles' or something similar. Instead if you click on anyone of the files, you get taken to the first page of the shops with all the posts - not just attachment posts. Am I still confusing you? Go to 'attachments' and try it? I would think that application should have 'only' attachments listed?

Nancy

Oh and back on the original subject of me not being able to add an attachments to a post. I 'un-blocked my popups and that makes no difference. I still can't attach. The 'manage attachment' box does not work for me.