Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-03-2011, 07:35 PM

This is taken from another post:
How do I post a smilie ... can't find the icon ???
Go to settings--top right; then to general settings--scroll down list on left. Now scroll to Misc settings and check enhanced interface. See below----Make sure to save changes.

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
• Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
• Basic Editor - A simple text box
• Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

And I found that if you hit my profile top right, then your profile page comes up. On that page on right is a bar that says customize your profile. When you click that another page pops up for changing the color on your profile.

Have fun!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Does anyone know how many posts per page (about) the old shop had? I am trying to figure out about where the pictures I posted of my machines ended up. I knew what page they were on before, trying to figure out an easy way to find them now short of having to go through the entire thing! I can't even remember what our last page number was in the old system?

Nancy
You can change the number of posts per page on this new board. Can't tell you how many posts per page were on the last one. You might have to make your settings and then bookmark them all.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
You can change the number of posts per page on this new board. Can't tell you how many posts per page were on the last one. You might have to make your settings and then bookmark them all.
Opps should have read your last post on this subject. I would just have pictures on my computer and upload them here.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 PM

Does anyone else have background image along each side? Kind of a gray pattern.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:48 PM

Yes, I have that gray background on this computer I'm on now. I saw earler that someone has the posting so long they have go go back and forth across the page to read it. I'm not at home, and I don't like the gray as it's tireing to my eyes. But that said, I'd rather have it on my copmputer at home than to have to go back and forth across the page.
Also, did you notice that each posting is numbered? Just go back on the pictures, etc that you want to tell others about and tell them the number of the posting. That way the number of postings each has on a page doesn't matter as much.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by lee231 View Post
Does anyone else have background image along each side? Kind of a gray pattern.
It's now brownish with a pattern to it. My son told me that it depends on you screen size as to how much of that you will see. Larger the monitor more background. Does that answer your question? Wish they would tone down the white back a bit.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:59 PM

I just tried taking my arrow( computer illiterate and mostly self-taught, don't know correct terms for things) with my mouse to the edge of the gray and moved it inward, and the color disappears and all I see is the white. It shrinks the width of the extra around the page.
I read somewhere else that they had toned down the white some. I do believe it was a lot whiter before. Maybe more kinks to clear up...
Old 11-03-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
I just tried taking my arrow( computer illiterate and mostly self-taught, don't know correct terms for things) with my mouse to the edge of the gray and moved it inward, and the color disappears and all I see is the white. It shrinks the width of the extra around the page.
I read somewhere else that they had toned down the white some. I do believe it was a lot whiter before. Maybe more kinks to clear up...
I do that and then I see my screen saver page. The background is pretty, but I prefer no background.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

I am just tickled that we can find our Vintage sewing machine threads a lot easier now!!

Billy
Old 11-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Hi Janet! Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics... go here for the serial numbers:
http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/serial-numbers/singer-sewing-machine-serial-number-database.html

J
ust how much cleaning you need to do depends on the condition...it may not need a total spa treatment. Be careful of the decals, they are easy to damage, especially if the shellac is gone...sewing machine oil is the safest way to clean the outside of the machine, even tho it can take a little longer and more elbow grease!

Miriam can point you to Muv's videos on how to clean a machine that doesn't need the full spa treatment...
you know I wonder if it is possible to search Muv - she used to have a link under her posts. There are 9 videos in all - they are the best out there for a gentle clean up. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-155695-1.htm I just searched 'Muv' and found this post - link in there - at the top of the video screen there is a link to her other Utube videos. Worth the time to watch!!!