Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-31-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by jljack
I have a 99 I took the old motor off and put a handcrank on. Love it!! It's heavy as an anchor, but fun to sew on. I can take her camping, etc.
Which reminds me, Janice...where do I get a handcrank for my "new" 66?
Hi! You can get one from Sew-Classic, if she has any in stock. I got mine off eBay for around $20, and it didn't have that funky Chinese decals on it. Then I had to buy the spoke wheel from Cathy at the TOGA. Does your already have the spoke wheel?
Yes, it does have a spoke wheel which is why I instantly knew my brother had "done good" and why I wasn't worried that it had been converted to electric. I immediately thought "handcrank"! :thumbup:

So the ones from Sew-Classic have funky Chinese decals on them?
Do you remember the one that I purchased from Cathy at the TOGA, and I commented on. I think Nancy had asked why I purchased it since it really isn't very pretty and the construction isn't very good. Cathy even mentioned that the latest batch coming from her source is rather crappy, or low quality. Cathy asked me twice do you really want to purchase this one.

Mine is on my Lotus 66 which looks very strange. I'm thinking of repainting it one day. I really don't use the HC very much; it will be one machine to take to a TOGA. Although, I would rather do more work by packing up one of my treadles to take to a TOGA since I prefer treadling over using the HC.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:10 AM

Just yesterday I picked up an early Franklin with the fancy decals. I thought it was by Domestic, but I need to dig deeper, maybe its a Davis?. It looks just like a Singer model 27. It came with the original attachments and owners manual. I also have a Minnesota model D by Davis.

barn fresh Franklin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279791[/ATTACH]

Nice Scarab decals
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279792[/ATTACH]

the goodies that came with it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279793[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-279738.jpe   attachment-279739.jpe   attachment-279740.jpe  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by ndnchf
Just yesterday I picked up an early Franklin with the fancy decals. I thought it was by Domestic, but I need to dig deeper, maybe its a Davis?. It looks just like a Singer model 27. It came with the original attachments and owners manual. I also have a Minnesota model D by Davis.
Those Franklin (Davis) machine's decals are very pretty and cool looking.

I love this discussion on the Franklin machines, very helpful!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:21 AM

That machine is very nice, but what I'm really drooling over are the attachments and manual....Good work!

~ Cindy
Old 10-31-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Those Franklin (Davis) machine's decals are very pretty and cool looking.

I love this discussion on the Franklin machines, very helpful!
Ditto! :)
Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 AM

[quote=ndnchf]Just yesterday I picked up an early Franklin with the fancy decals. I thought it was by Domestic, but I need to dig deeper, maybe its a Davis?. It looks just like a Singer model 27. It came with the original attachments and owners manual. I also have a Minnesota model D by Davis.[/quote

Your machine really looks nice. What part of VA are you in? We live close to the VA line on the WV side. About 50 miles from Roanoke. We bought a Franklin that could be your sister.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by tropit
Cindy I have a Free in a treadle that I'd sell to you for what I paid! I am up to 13 treadles! I have to sell a couple. I used my Free alot for piecing until I got the Two Spools! I won't sell it unless it gets a really good home! Pictured on page 627. Are you in Northern California? I won't ship it either!

Nancy

Oh, now I know right where you are. Just on the way up to my son's place in S. Tahoe. Your FREE is gorgeous!

~ Cindy
Geeze, now I am getting cold feet on selling the Free! Yes, Cindy it is gorgeous! Geeze, how can we part with these machines? I moved the Free #5 to one of our storage units for now, I'd forgotten how pretty that machine is until you reminded me! I may not be able to part with it!

Nancy
Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 AM

That's a really nice Franklin...love those decals!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Cindy I have a Free in a treadle that I'd sell to you for what I paid! I am up to 13 treadles! I have to sell a couple. I used my Free alot for piecing until I got the Two Spools! I won't sell it unless it gets a really good home! Pictured on page 627. Are you in Northern California? I won't ship it either!

Nancy

Oh, now I know right where you are. Just on the way up to my son's place in S. Tahoe. Your FREE is gorgeous!

~ Cindy
Geeze, now I am getting cold feet on selling the Free! Yes, Cindy it is gorgeous! Geeze, how can we part with these machines? I moved the Free #5 to one of our storage units for now, I'd forgotten how pretty that machine is until you reminded me! I may not be able to part with it!

Nancy
:-D Oh, geez...we're pathetic, aren't we? LOL! I'm guessing from your avitar that you also rescue horses like I do. ("Jeannie" and "Mr. Brown"...straight of the track and destined for the knackers.)

Well, as beautiful as your machine is, I think I would rather rescue a cast off cab, or treadle. I just want to "mother" it, give it some TLC and bring it in from the cold. Maybe I can get mine to look as nice as yours.

~ Cindy
Old 10-31-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Nancy

~ Cindy

Nancy
It's hard, isn't it? I've thought about selling some of my machines, and just can't bring myself to do it! :lol: