Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-17-2012, 08:19 AM

i learned so much from just reading this thread. what a resource. charlee glad you got your "new" machine. i know you will love sewing on it. i have one now and i sold a long bed one recently.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:57 AM

Not sewing related, but my daughter just got her results from her pharmacy state boards, and she is now a doctor. Whoo hoo!! And she took the test with bronchitis, two swigs of prescription cough syrup, and a cough so bad that she had cracked a rib, we found out two days after the test. Either way, my baby daughter is a doctor.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
Not sewing related, but my daughter just got her results from her pharmacy state boards, and she is now a doctor. Whoo hoo!! And she took the test with bronchitis, two swigs of prescription cough syrup, and a cough so bad that she had cracked a rib, we found out two days after the test. Either way, my baby daughter is a doctor.
Great accomplishment!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:06 AM

How exciting for her and you, too. Congratulations.

Charlee, you'll love sewing on your 301. I like her first name. Save Fancy for the painted ladies.

On another note, I have been asked if I want a White treadle in a cabinet. i looked through Charlee's thread on displaying machines and still don't know where I'd put it. Can I part with the Leader?
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Hi, I am cleaning my Singer 128 and wondering where to get a replacement rubber wheel for the bobbin winder. Looks at several parts sites and havn't come up with any thing yet. What do you want to bet I am looking in the wrong places, lol. Thanks Dixie
Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Here you go Nancy!! LOVE Reba...Bobbie Gentry did the song first tho...loved it then too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zplc4Ienkws
Congrats on your 301!! I love Country music! Ode to Billy Joe, by Bobbie Gentry. Have you hear Scotty Mccreery?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy1mf...eature=related
Old 07-17-2012, 11:09 AM

Charlee, Congratulations on your new daughter Kathy for short altho she is not lacking in anything.

Melinda, Congratulations to your daughter too!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:42 PM

Tell her congratulations from us. That is a major accomplishment.

Joe

Old 07-17-2012, 12:46 PM

You can find all sizes of bobbin winder tires at our favorite goody shop: Sew-Classic.com:
http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/Bobb...-Tires_c16.htm
Not only that you can have any color you want as long as it's black.

Joe

Originally Posted by MisDixie View Post
Hi, I am cleaning my Singer 128 and wondering where to get a replacement rubber wheel for the bobbin winder. Looks at several parts sites and havn't come up with any thing yet. What do you want to bet I am looking in the wrong places, lol. Thanks Dixie
Old 07-17-2012, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by MisDixie View Post
can you clean up my 128 while you're at it?

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-17-2012 at 01:07 PM.