Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

I just got an email from Pat Cleveland (Glenn's wife) - note: we warned Pat something was coming so she would be ready with the camera.

"IT CAME, IT CAME. I was working out in the front of the fence when I noticed the UPS guy stop in the turn lane. I knew immediately what it had to be. I took it in the house before Skip could notice, got the camera and then called him. He was very careful when he opened it. I know he was dying to see what it was, but he took the time and read every one of the little notes first. Then he opened the pkg and pulled out this absolutely fantastic quilt. At first he was speechless. Then he started to read each of the squares. He kept saying "amazing" over and over or "I can't believe it". He said he was humbled that you gals think so highly of him. He also kept saying " they made this for ME! just for ME! Why would they do that?" He said he doesn't do much for the gals and was so surprised to have them get together and plan this for him. Sharing his expertise in restoring is something he is glad to do. Anyway, he'll download the pix from the camera and post them and one of the quilt on the board tonight. I hope the pix came out okay, I'm not good with a tiny digital camera. Give me a Nikon or Yashica and a roll of film any day."
Old 06-18-2012, 11:11 AM

OK so I'm in the.teardown stage on cleaning my treadle cabinet etc. I got the cabinet off no problem and working on the wheel assy on the base. I cannot get the rod to come off from either end, attached to the foot pedal and wheel. The nut on the end came off no problem and the arm isn't frozen at all, but it will not slide off. Is there something I'm missing??
Old 06-18-2012, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I just got an email from Pat Cleveland (Glenn's wife) - note: we warned Pat something was coming so she would be ready with the camera.

"IT CAME, IT CAME. I was working out in the front of the fence when I noticed the UPS guy stop in the turn lane. I knew immediately what it had to be. I took it in the house before Skip could notice, got the camera and then called him. He was very careful when he opened it. I know he was dying to see what it was, but he took the time and read every one of the little notes first. Then he opened the pkg and pulled out this absolutely fantastic quilt. At first he was speechless. Then he started to read each of the squares. He kept saying "amazing" over and over or "I can't believe it". He said he was humbled that you gals think so highly of him. He also kept saying " they made this for ME! just for ME! Why would they do that?" He said he doesn't do much for the gals and was so surprised to have them get together and plan this for him. Sharing his expertise in restoring is something he is glad to do. Anyway, he'll download the pix from the camera and post them and one of the quilt on the board tonight. I hope the pix came out okay, I'm not good with a tiny digital camera. Give me a Nikon or Yashica and a roll of film any day."
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the pics!! Tell Miz Pat thanks for letting us know!!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the pics!! Tell Miz Pat thanks for letting us know!!
Yes and Nancy can post pics too - she did a beautiful job quilting and piecing that one together. She needs to tell her end of things. This is so cool!!! Glenn, we love having you around. You lend some (in)sanity once in a while. It is so good to know all machines and cabinets don't have to be repainted to look wonderful.

Last edited by miriam; 06-18-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:57 AM

I am so glad Glenn got the quilt safe and sound! I can't wait to see pictures of him with the quilt! Glenn that quilt is a work of love from 21 different people, 3 countries, 10 states! Yippppeeeeeee - I am so glad it arrived in time! I insured it - just in case! I told the UPS people it is not replaceable! That was the 'piece meal quilt' I kept referring to - people were wanting to know how it was going - that was my way of letting them know!

Nancy

Oh and it is not just us "gals" that did the quilt - one of those blocks, the very first one I received (that is why it is first in the quilt), is from Joe!

Last edited by BoJangles; 06-18-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:49 PM

So glad the quilt finally arrived. I guess we have all been excited as he is right now to see his face. I am waiting for a picture.
Nancy I am sure you did a wonderful job. All your quilts are so nice. Thanks Charlee and Miriam for the idea.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
So glad the quilt finally arrived. I guess we have all been excited as he is right now to see his face. I am waiting for a picture.
Nancy I am sure you did a wonderful job. All your quilts are so nice. Thanks Charlee and Miriam for the idea.
I'll say "you're welcome", but it was Miriam's idea!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:04 PM

Glad to hear that he got it safely. We use his knowledge a lot.....that was the least we could do.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

sheesh... I get blamed for everything - I just put everybody up to it - all you willing accomplices - that quilt is beautiful. Nancy sneaked a preview to me.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:58 PM

It WAS your doin'!! All I did was send out PMs!!

I got to see a sneak peek too...and it's absolutely WONDERFUL!!