Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-18-2012, 02:04 PM

Default What a wonderful gift

Ok ladies and gents what have you gone and done... Usually I am not an emotional person but when I read Nancy's letter and the notes and then pulled out of the box the most beautiful quilt I got a lump in my throat and teared up a little. You got to this retired old soldier I must admit. Thanks to all my friends - Joe Miller, Anamaria(Grayhare), Monica(Vintagemotif), Candace, Charlee and William,Deb(Whigrose), Miriam and Martha, Pamela(Jabezrose), Janis, Judy(Irishrose), Kathie S., Trish(Crossstitcher), Laura(Nurseknitslaura), Cheryl(Bennett), Jean(NannaUpNorth), Joann(JMCDA), Jan(Texas Jan), Melinda(Milinda1962), Margaret(MUV), and Nancy(Bojangles). A nice hug and round of applause for Nancy for doing a wonderful job of putting this beautiful quilt together. I am truly humbled. Now I know why Pat wanted to take pics of this. I warn you she did not catch me at my best I was working getting the camper, fishing gear and bikes ready for the trip to MS this Thursday so no laughing at the old soldier. How can I ever thank you guys, this is such a wonderful gift and will be treasured always. I like it so much it is going camping with me. I can't imagine the thought that went into this quilt you guys are the best ever. You guys get to see me sporting a new beard I am cultivating for an event of the Daughters of the Confederacy my wife is having at the house in a couple of months. I have to costume myself up as a Confederate soldier.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-vsms-members-001.jpg   quilt-vsms-members-010.jpg   quilt-vsms-members-016.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 02:08 PM

You guys really pulled one over on me this time. Nancy's letter and the little notes from gals and Joe will be kept and passed along with the quilt when I am long gone, but my son is not getting this quilt for a very very long time. I just can't thank you guys enough.

Skipper
Old 06-18-2012, 02:17 PM

Ya see, Skip, it's this way. We figured that if you already had your limit of fish, you'd stay home and be available 24/7 for when we need help with our machines and cabinets!! This was the only way we could think of to do it that wouldn't stink by the time it got there!!

The pictures are priceless!! Thanks for posting them!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Muv

Glenn - Lovely to see you looking so happy with your quilt. Next time you post pictures please make sure you are wearing the Confederate uniform - I want to see those polished buttons.

Nancy - great job putting it together, love the wonky setting.

PS. Glenn - any chance you can send us some of that sunshine?

Last edited by Muv; 06-18-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:03 PM

Skip/Glenn,
Glad you like the quilt. I had never did a block for anything like that, so I am glad to see how it turned out.

Nancy,
Great job on the quilt. It is indeed a beautiful thing. Thank yall for including my block too.

Melinda
Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Ok ladies and gents what have you gone and done... Usually I am not an emotional person but when I read Nancy's letter and the notes and then pulled out of the box the most beautiful quilt I got a lump in my throat and teared up a little. You got to this retired old soldier I must admit. Thanks to all my friends - Joe Miller, Anamaria(Grayhare), Monica(Vintagemotif), Candace, Charlee and William,Deb(Whigrose), Miriam and Martha, Pamela(Jabezrose), Janis, Judy(Irishrose), Kathie S., Trish(Crossstitcher), Laura(Nurseknitslaura), Cheryl(Bennett), Jean(NannaUpNorth), Joann(JMCDA), Jan(Texas Jan), Melinda(Milinda1962), Margaret(MUV), and Nancy(Bojangles). A nice hug and round of applause for Nancy for doing a wonderful job of putting this beautiful quilt together. I am truly humbled. Now I know why Pat wanted to take pics of this. I warn you she did not catch me at my best I was working getting the camper, fishing gear and bikes ready for the trip to MS this Thursday so no laughing at the old soldier. How can I ever thank you guys, this is such a wonderful gift and will be treasured always. I like it so much it is going camping with me. I can't imagine the thought that went into this quilt you guys are the best ever. You guys get to see me sporting a new beard I am cultivating for an event of the Daughters of the Confederacy my wife is having at the house in a couple of months. I have to costume myself up as a Confederate soldier.
Nancy and everyone, the quilt is wonderful!!! I called Skip on my way home from the hospital today and he sounded like a kid at Christmas. He really doesn't realize what a special guy he is, but we certainly did our best to show him. He was bubbling over with excitement. It made my day to hear someone so happy and totally surprised !!!

You deserve it Skip !!! Thanks for all your help !!!

Texas Jan
Old 06-18-2012, 03:56 PM

I'm jumping in to say thanks to Glenn for all his help on fixing up our machines. .. and thanks to Charlee for inviting me to join in on this one. The pictures are wonderful and Nancy, the quilt looks great. You did such a fantastic job putting all the blocks together to come up with the great overall look.

So, enjoy your quilt, Glenn..... I'm sure I'm not the only one that was watching for it to arrive and get a peek at your surprize.

Jean (nanna-up-north)
Old 06-18-2012, 05:02 PM

Nancy and everyone, the quilt turned out great. I am in awe of the paper pieced blocks - maybe someday. The wonky setting is perfect.

Skip, I'm so glad to hear it is going camping with you. Quilts are meant to used. Consider yourself wrapped in stitches of admiration and thanks.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
You guys really pulled one over on me this time. Nancy's letter and the little notes from gals and Joe will be kept and passed along with the quilt when I am long gone, but my son is not getting this quilt for a very very long time. I just can't thank you guys enough.

Skipper
Glenn, I hope you wear it out.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Nancy and everyone, the quilt turned out great. I am in awe of the paper pieced blocks - maybe someday. The wonky setting is perfect.

Skip, I'm so glad to hear it is going camping with you. Quilts are meant to used. Consider yourself wrapped in stitches of admiration and thanks.
Yes it will be going camping and fishing with us as long as we are able, but rest assured it will be well taken care of. It will grace our bed in the 26 ft camper and will be used to snuggle while watching TV in the evening on the sofa, yes we have a sofa in the camper and flat screen TV. Gosh ladies I love this quilt or did I say this already. And of course Joe can't forget Joe

Skipper