Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

I currently use a Consew walking foot sewing machine for ANYTHING heavy. I stupidly gave away my old Singer waling foot. I also have a plastic one for my Singer 403.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
I am trying to find a hand crank for my New Home "Clark" sewing machine 1931-36. If any one has one, or any information on where i can find one, please pm me. Thank you very much. I don't know if the picture will post. I resized it, lets see what happens. Anamaria
Anamaria, it was good to see you are Cathy's the other day. Were you there trying to find a HC for this machine? I also would love to get a HC for my New Home T NO 3, but as you know, the generic ones won't fit - so we have to find a vintage HC made for the New Home. I have had no luck trying to find an original HC.

Nancy
Old 11-06-2011, 07:06 AM

Wow Glen that is beautiful...thanks fro sharing...
Old 11-06-2011, 07:50 AM

I can't believe how slow pictures are loading....I finally just gave up and that was my favorite thing here. :<(
Old 11-06-2011, 09:14 AM

Thank you for the nice compliments on the cigar box. I always keep old boxes around with some styro foam and cheap felt to make containers to store my sewing stuff. They are fun to make and easy. I also use tim boxes with hinged lid but I prefer the wooden ones they are a little more manly looking and although I sew I don't want to appear to girly either.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I like the cookie tins with hinged lids. I put a strong magnet inside the top so I can throw pins at it. Then I put other stuff inside for each machine I sell.
That's a clever idea. I'll borrow that.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:40 AM

They changed QB AND Google on the same day.... Yikes!
HA!!! Also, the same day Yahoo/AT&T had a burp....resent a lot of email messages and affected the log-in on my laptop (the only one with IE). Keep getting the "enter id and password" every few minutes. About to pull my hair out!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:42 AM

ok so why did nothing change when I re did my settings? I poked all kinds of buttons and nothing changed and it won't put a picture up on the left where my name is... ah I just messed with my profile - there must be settings for the pages as well...
Miriam, After going into setting and changing the settings on the page that is up, you must hit the SAVE button (that I think is on bottom of the page).
Old 11-06-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
I can't believe how slow pictures are loading....I finally just gave up and that was my favorite thing here. :<(
Pictures loading may seem slower, but I like the resolution of the picture better.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
although I sew I don't want to appear to girly either.
You girly??? Never in a zillion years.
Love your quilt avatar though!
I might just have to gather up a few wooden boxes and metal tins I have stashed someplace and try making them into attachment boxes. The hard part will be finding them. I hate to admit that we moved up here 8 years ago and still have MANY boxes that aren't unpacked yet. Mostly craft stuff. I planned to have a sewing area in the basement but cement guy didn't put the insulation on the outside basement walls so it's too cold down there to do anything. I'm back to lugging sewing stuff back and forth. I hate having to put it all away when I'm done for the day.