Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2737 of 4418 FirstFirst ... 1737 2237 2637 2687 2727 2736 2737 2738 2747 2787 2837 3237 3737 ... LastLast
Results 27,361 to 27,370 of 44180

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Maybe that is why I like the Singer 403 and the Spartan together - they share bobbins! The 15 clones have to have their own bobbins but can share attachments with the Spartan
    Miriam,

This is probably why I have started using my 301 and my 221 the most.....

I spent my Saturday evening figuring out my attachments because they did not come in attachment boxes..That is how I found my Style-O-Matic!!

Now if someone can explain a standard foot, from a slant, and low shank foot... this would also help..ugh!
    “Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.” - Oscar Wilde

I think I may finally have a link to my photo of my little green machine. See if this works. http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...s/IMGP2522.jpg

I have her all cleaned up, just need to put the bobbin case back in and figure out how to thread her up. The wires are all in good condition, and I am ready to try her out.

Blog Entries
    Just want to share the project I was working on yesterday while chatting (or should I say babbling away) with all of you. I started the layout in morning and pieces sewn together by midnight. Just need to sew rest of strips together. This is going on the back of a quilt that I'm working on right now. Piecing done with my Singer 201.Name:  IMG_3932.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  1.02 MB
    Last edited by vintagemotif; 11-07-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auniqueview View Post
    I think I may finally have a link to my photo of my little green machine. See if this works. http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...s/IMGP2522.jpg

I have her all cleaned up, just need to put the bobbin case back in and figure out how to thread her up. The wires are all in good condition, and I am ready to try her out.
    OH you have a clone!!! You want to get the needle in the right direction - ask Glen how I know..... http://blog.sew-classic.com/2008/12/...-15-clone.aspx There is even a manual on there! More clones: Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    just want to share the project i was working on yesterday while chatting (or should i say babbling away) with all of you. I started the layout in morning and pieces sewn together by midnight. Just need to sew rest of strips together. This is going on the back of a quilt that i'm working on right now. Piecing done with my singer 201.Name:  IMG_3932.JPG
    i love it!!!!
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justtrish View Post
    Miriam,

This is probably why I have started using my 301 and my 221 the most.....

I spent my Saturday evening figuring out my attachments because they did not come in attachment boxes..That is how I found my Style-O-Matic!!

Now if someone can explain a standard foot, from a slant, and low shank foot... this would also help..ugh!
    http://blog.sew-classic.com/2009/01/...g-machine.aspx She explains it so well on her site...

Miriam,

She does explain it well. However, when reading the info on the attachment numbers on the uksinger site... some are described as "standard foot"

What is a standard foot???

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Just want to share the project I was working on yesterday while chatting (or should I say babbling away) with all of you. I started the layout in morning and pieces sewn together by midnight. Just need to sew rest of strips together. This is going on the back of a quilt that I'm working on right now. Piecing done with my Singer 201.Name:  IMG_3932.JPG
    I still haven't quilted yet...and wow...so many pieces...does piecing mean putting all those little pieces together? Yikes... I am beginning to think quilting might be to complicated... lol

p.s. very nice quilt back

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justtrish View Post
    I still haven't quilted yet...and wow...so many pieces...does piecing mean putting all those little pieces together? Yikes... I am beginning to think quilting might be to complicated... lol

p.s. very nice quilt back
    There are some easy quilts that don't require so many little pieces at a time. She is trying to keep a heart pattern going.

I also keep all the attachments, bobbins, etc that go with each machine in a container right with each machine. I also like to have a pair of small scissors/snips, a small ruler guide and anything else I think I might need (manual, oil). And I made little fabric bowls for each machine, they are great to catch all the little snips of thread and things because I don't have a trash container at each machine. The little bowls are cute made of sewing related fabrics or any other you like.