Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2741 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 1741 2241 2641 2691 2731 2740 2741 2742 2751 2791 2841 3241 3741 ... LastLast
Results 27,401 to 27,410 of 43493

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Opinions as to what this is?

Is this tape do you think? Or do you think the paint has chipped? I would think if the paint were chipped you'd see what looked like aluminum, not masking tape color? Why would someone put tape in these two spots if it is tape??
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by Candace; 11-07-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: pic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    How much is this going to cost you? for machine and shipping. And case, he means the hard top that covers the machine.I guess it just depends on how badly you want this machine.
    It is listed for $29.99 starting bid, free USPS shipping, no bids yet, closes at about 5pm PST. I don't want it bad enough to risk it being shipped by the post office with nothing but shipping paper to pack it. Guess I've seen too many pictures here of cases (bases & covers) and machine parts damaged & broken when not packaged properly. Which is why I asked the seller the questions that I did before placing a bid. Guess I will pass on this one.

I learned something new today from you! Never heard of pellon or Timtex; had to google them.
    I'm going to have to read up on this project. Looks doable! Thanks!
    An easy to make template is to trace around a plate then mark the center circle and then mark 'darts' on the lightweight cardboard template, cut the darts out and then you have a cheap, very serviceable template. If you want other shapes, you just get creative and go wild. It's way fun. Sometimes it helps to use a spray adhesive so the fabric on both sides doesn't move around on you.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
    It is listed for $29.99 starting bid, free USPS shipping, no bids yet, closes at about 5pm PST. I don't want it bad enough to risk it being shipped by the post office with nothing but shipping paper to pack it. Guess I've seen too many pictures here of cases (bases & covers) and machine parts damaged & broken when not packaged properly. Which is why I asked the seller the questions that I did before placing a bid. Guess I will pass on this one.
    If he would pack foam, not styro- but upholstery foam around the sewing machine tight inside the case and wrap the case in more foam and tightly pack it in a box, it would probably survive the trip. But the shipper probably knows this, like you know he heard his mother sew. I heard a mechanic working on my car, so guess what I know. And I watch cooking shows on tv, so I must be able to cook. LOL
    Melinda

Candace, could it be where someone put threading directions on the machine and left that piece of tape?
    Melinda

Blog Entries
    Ok, I have a question. I do have some 15 clones and then I have two other machines. They are made in Japan and take class 66 bobbins, not the class 15 bobbins like the 15 clones. So I'm wondering if I call them 15 clones or 66 clones? The reason I ask is that their threading is more lke the 66 than the a Singer 15 with the thread tension being not on the side plate but facing the operator. I'm more curious than anything else and feel free to weigh in. Hopefully, I have attached a photo of one of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Through Christ who strengthens me, I can do all things. - Paul
    I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I committed unto Him against that Day. - Paul
    Chris, servant to three demanding cats

Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Candace, could it be where someone put threading directions on the machine and left that piece of tape?
    That's what I'm hoping as I'm picking it up this week...I really hope it's not the paint all messed up in that area. That would be a big bummer. A few chips I can live with. Huge paint sections falling off wouldn't make my day. I guess I could always have the hot pink 301 I always dreamed of, if this is the case!

Blog Entries
    How much is this going to cost you? for machine and shipping. And case, he means the hard top that covers the machine.I guess it just depends on how badly you want this machine.
    I decided I didn't want it bad enough to see what shape it arrived in after shipping from PA to CA packed in a box with nothing but shipping paper.

Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
    I decided I didn't want it bad enough to see what shape it arrived in after shipping from PA to CA packed in a box with nothing but shipping paper.
    “Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.” - Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries
    i pic i have for threading is a front view, it looks like a maze from the front. charlee sent me a much better pic, i try that. thanks