Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2883 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 1883 2383 2783 2833 2873 2882 2883 2884 2893 2933 2983 3383 3883 ... LastLast
Results 28,821 to 28,830 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo View Post
    my sewing buddy has a Kenmore model 117-959, serial # 166828, she needs some bobbins for it but don't know what to buy. Any help would sure help her out. She don't have the internet, so I told her I'd ask the experts on the quilting board. Thanks ever so much.
    Go check sew-classic - Jenny is VERY helpful and has all kinds of parts and such.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
    I have not been using all of my machines. I know that they need oiling every so often.
    How offen does any one suggest on a machine that just sits. Kathie
    Oh, you'll know if they need oiled when you go to use them and they sound funny.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If you can find the auction site let me know. I would like to sell a machine for $1,300 sure would help out this Christmas wouldn't it.
    ROTFLMBO Glen - couldn't we all use some extra $$$ might have to fill the gas tank.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hootnannie View Post
    I don't post often but read this thread daily and have learned an enormous amount. Mostly I appreciate the characters and funnies of the regulars and have gotten to know you all well. Thanks for it all.
    Yup, we are really just a bunch of muppets - you just have to imagine what we look like.

Oh, you'll know if they need oiled when you go to use them and they sound funny.[/QUOTE] Miriam I do not plan on using the ones that from the 1800's. I do keep them covered but want to keep up with the matinence on them. I just do notknow how often to do it. Kathie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
    Oh, you'll know if they need oiled when you go to use them and they sound funny.
    Miriam I do not plan on using the ones that from the 1800's. I do keep them covered but what to keep up with the matience on them. Kathie[/QUOTE]

You know I would pm Muv. She seems to be up on those old ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Miriam I do not plan on using the ones that from the 1800's. I do keep them covered but what to keep up with the matience on them. Kathie
    You know I would pm Muv. She seems to be up on those old ladies.[/QUOTE] I would pm her but I do not know who she is,. Kathie

Blog Entries
    HOW TO CLEAN UP and use a vintage sewing machine - videos by Muv and Fav
    Here is a link to Muv's videos. She posted on there too. You can go into her profile and then pm her. She is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Testing the FM quilting with the Davis NVF. Nancy once mentioned that this could be done. I have only straight stitched with the Davis, but today I gave the FM a try (no feed dogs on this machine). I slowly followed the lines of a pattern on a separate fabric (I'm not gifted in drawing). I turned this into a potholder. I used another fabric for the top that I just quilted curvy lines on it. The silver fabric is the ironing board fabric that I picked up at JoAnn's.
    Very nice!
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

I posted the on Miriam's thread the pics and how to's of the needle clamp assembly on the 319. Singer 319 in need of TLC