Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3047 of 4420 FirstFirst ... 2047 2547 2947 2997 3037 3046 3047 3048 3057 3097 3147 3547 4047 ... LastLast
Results 30,461 to 30,470 of 44191

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Okay, I took a look at the Singer Touch and Sew 758 last night and with a bit of oil she turns, but every few rotations she gets very stiff. Also downloaded a schematic and manual and realize that the only needle plate I have is the one for straight stitching. Yes I broke the needle immediately when tried the ZZ setting. Duh!

Does anyone have a T&S ZZ needle plate and any cams they are willing to part with?

I will get to cleaning tonight and see if sitting a day the oil has penetrated to that last stiff spot. Hope to also clean and touch up the cabinet and get this girl to a new home as soon as possible with minimal to no investment.
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    Well...I've made a decision...I'm going to sell some of my machines in order to get that 115 that I saw last Tuesday...now it's just a question of deciding which ones to sell!

I think... my Singer 9W...my 1924 Singer 99...my Centennial 201-2...my White Number 8....and maybe the AG Mason New Florence in the gold rose decal cabinet...

ARGHHH!! This is HARD!! LOL
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Well...I've made a decision...I'm going to sell some of my machines in order to get that 115 that I saw last Tuesday...now it's just a question of deciding which ones to sell!

I think... my Singer 9W...my 1924 Singer 99...my Centennial 201-2...my White Number 8....and maybe the AG Mason New Florence in the gold rose decal cabinet...

ARGHHH!! This is HARD!! LOL
    Hard, but good for you. It's nice to pass them onto someone else to enjoy. Gonna put them on CL? Good luck! Maybe there will be lots of free ladies this weekend with some cash to burn because they don't want to sit through the Super Bowl:>

Blog Entries
    Yeah....I'll CL them...I'd rather not ship them if I can avoid it! Hopefully there are folks out there with their taxes back and money to burn!
    May part with some extra attachments that I have hanging around too....I think I have an extra set for W&W 8 or 9... will have to look to make sure...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Yeah....I'll CL them...I'd rather not ship them if I can avoid it! Hopefully there are folks out there with their taxes back and money to burn!
    May part with some extra attachments that I have hanging around too....I think I have an extra set for W&W 8 or 9... will have to look to make sure...
    I wish you good luck on selling your machines, I know it is hard to get rid of some sometimes we just need to make room for those special ones we want to add to our collection.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Thanks Glenn...it really is hard to decide to part with them, but I *really* want that machine and cabinet...so need to come up with the $$...
    I nearly forgot, I have that Brother Industrial that I can sell too! That might save one of my others...

Are all Singers 127 shuttle bobbins? I have a chance to get one but do not want another shuttle. Kathie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
    Are all Singers 127 shuttle bobbins? I have a chance to get one but do not want another shuttle. Kathie
    Yes...they're all shuttles...

Thank you Charlee. Kathie

Charlee, I feel for you trying to decide which machines to let go. I will make my 50 by 50 (machines by the time my 50th birthday rolls around) when we clean out my mama's house next weekend, and then I am going to thin my herd as well. I have a few sentimental ones, but need the room, and have pics of all the machines at work, and the project they made, so I am planning to rehome some by the summer. I have treated them well, and will look for good homes for them. I think I mostly want to want them, and fix them up and make them sew, if that makes any sense. Because then I am pretty well done with them.
    Melinda