Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-02-2012, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hollyann View Post
I'm very close to finishing the restoration of the Raymond. . .
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by quiltgal View Post
I have just about everything that you could need for the Featherweights on my website: www.thequiltgal.com.
This is a great site. I just added this to my favorites since I now own 5 featherweights and I am always on the lookout for more!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-03-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
Ok, this one scares me...the sanity of the person who did this is definitely in question!!

http://jackson.craigslist.org/fuo/2818446548.html
That is disgusting! What is it? A ram/mountain goat?

Nancy
Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Well I had to do it, curiosity won out.
I grew up learning to sew on a Necchi Supernova. Since I know how that machine works, I told myself that my focus will be on collecting machines that I have never experienced. Well, the Supernova won. I'm treadling a Necchi Supernova Ultra. I figured a way around the bobbin cover issue and treadling belt -Sebastian helps.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]308298[/ATTACH]
Monica Wow! So does this mean the 328 is no longer a treadle? I have to admit I really like the Necchi as a treadle! How does she feel when treadling and are there any issues with the zig zag? It looks good on your sample!
I love the looks of this machine and the color!

Nancy
Old 02-03-2012, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!
Hollyann, I also can't wait to see the photos! Geeze, you are fast!

I don't know if anyone told you about your new machine. I looked in the photo section. All I got to see was the very top, for some reason sometimes I don't get the whole photo. It is like my computer times out or something because I get part of a photo sometimes and other times the whole photo. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Anyway, I can't see the machine only the very top. From what I can see, it looks like you have a 128 because it looks like you have a machine with the La Vincendora decals which were only done on the 28/128. If your machine is 3/4 size, it is a 28. If the machine is full size, it is a 128.

Nancy
Old 02-03-2012, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
I found an orange Singer box #381086 at a resale shop today and bought it for $2.00. In it are several feet and a couple of plates for the Singer sewing machine. I do have a snap-on connector and knew that I could use at least a couple of the feet. I went on line to see what I have and saw this. What I have is the box and the last picture of parts and attachments. Now does any one know just what I got and what machines the needle plates work on? I can't copy the picture of it to here, but here's the site I found it on:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...sid=p2992.m753

any help would be appreciated.
Janis I have a bunch of those mystery feet and those exact cover plates also. However, mine came in a white plastic case ....
Old 02-03-2012, 06:07 AM

I am going to try the photos sections again later today to see if I can get the whole photo! Anyway Monica, I can't see your whole quilt either! Darn!

You guys know you are suppose to 'talk' about the machines/pictures here? The photo shop is suppose to be limited to pictures, otherwise we will have gobs of pages of text to sift through to find the photos! Sorry, I am not trying to be mean, but this is the reason we started the photo shops - to keep those shops for photos and descriptions of those photos only!

Nancy
Old 02-03-2012, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Hollyann, I also can't wait to see the photos! Geeze, you are fast!

I don't know if anyone told you about your new machine. I looked in the photo section. All I got to see was the very top, for some reason sometimes I don't get the whole photo. It is like my computer times out or something because I get part of a photo sometimes and other times the whole photo. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Anyway, I can't see the machine only the very top. From what I can see, it looks like you have a 128 because it looks like you have a machine with the La Vincendora decals which were only done on the 28/128. If your machine is 3/4 size, it is a 28. If the machine is full size, it is a 128.

Nancy

Nancy, please correct me if I'm wrong...weren't both the 28 and 128 3/4 size machines? (The 27 and 127 full size?) Holly has the 128, evidenced by the "high" bobbin winder....or that's what I thought.

And yes, you're right...I sometimes forget which thread I'm in...I apologize for the comments I left over there in the photos only thread!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:45 AM

Hmmmm. My 128 is a 3/4 size machine.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Hmmmm. My 128 is a 3/4 size machine.
The 128 I put in a charity auction was also a 3/4 machine. The 127-3 I have is a full size machine and needs some serious help which will happen later.