Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-02-2012, 02:15 PM

Nice!! I love Sebastian! LOL
Old 02-02-2012, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by justtrish View Post
Bennet are you going to take a look for us?
Oh, y'all are such enablers! I'm actually a couple of hours away from there, so I'm staying away from this one for now. I like to surf the Dallas CL because they have more interesting stuff than my local CL. It would certainly be a fun little trip to haggle though!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Well I had to do it, curiosity won out.
I grew up learning to sew on a Necchi Supernova. Since I know how that machine works, I told myself that my focus will be on collecting machines that I have never experienced. Well, the Supernova won. I'm treadling a Necchi Supernova Ultra. I figured a way around the bobbin cover issue and treadling belt -Sebastian helps.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]308298[/ATTACH]
Too much fun! Sebastian is a good contrast to the sea green of the Necchi.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:32 PM

I found an orange Singer box #381086 at a resale shop today and bought it for $2.00. In it are several feet and a couple of plates for the Singer sewing machine. I do have a snap-on connector and knew that I could use at least a couple of the feet. I went on line to see what I have and saw this. What I have is the box and the last picture of parts and attachments. Now does any one know just what I got and what machines the needle plates work on? I can't copy the picture of it to here, but here's the site I found it on:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...sid=p2992.m753

any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:08 PM

I've loved the looks of the Super Nova. Can you tell me what the 3 moving stitch plates do? I know there has to be a zig zag and a straight stitch, but what does the 3rd one do? I think the rotating stitch plates are SO COOL.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
I found an orange Singer box #381086 at a resale shop today and bought it for $2.00. In it are several feet and a couple of plates for the Singer sewing machine. I do have a snap-on connector and knew that I could use at least a couple of the feet. I went on line to see what I have and saw this. What I have is the box and the last picture of parts and attachments. Now does any one know just what I got and what machines the needle plates work on? I can't copy the picture of it to here, but here's the site I found it on:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...sid=p2992.m753 any help would be appreciated.
Janis, those plates look lke the plates my 25 yr old Singer uses to change out. I am not positive but that is my guess. FYI: no longer have machine as I rehomed it with hubby's blessings. I hope this helps.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I've loved the looks of the Super Nova. Can you tell me what the 3 moving stitch plates do? I know there has to be a zig zag and a straight stitch, but what does the 3rd one do? I think the rotating stitch plates are SO COOL.
For sewing with the twin needle. It even comes with a foot for the double needle. The plate does come off for cleaning underneath.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Maybe we should all chip in to save these old girls from their pitiful situation!! Wow...kinda makes my heart hurt!!
Very sad to see someone make money off of that!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:16 PM

I'm very close to finishing the restoration of the Raymond, I will post before and after when I am done. In the mean time I can say I am the proud owner of a Singer for the first time in my life! It's either a 127 or 128 I posted pics in the photo area. Just needs a little cleaning up and she'll be running in no time. Not sure about the whole hand crank, never done it, what do you all think of hand crank sewing?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Miriam that's Sebastian from "Little Mermaid". He's my hero!!

Charlee, It treadles nicely! [/ATTACH]
That is so cool!! Sebastian is a talented guy, isn't he?