Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-16-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by MisDixie
Hi, on page 531 I posted a pic of my Rose, shes missing the cover plate on the front and for the life of me I can't find one online to purchase. Grrrr. Has any one saw one for sale on line? Help! been looking off and on for almost a year. Thanks MisDixie
Get in touch with CD (ThayerRags)...I know he has a ton of donor machines from his post on another thread...I bet he'll be able to help you! :)
Old 10-16-2011, 11:09 AM

Thanks Charlee! sometime looking for stuff on line leaves me feeling like road kill on the information highway! and I should have saved myself a lot of wasted time and asked here sooner.
Originally Posted by Charlee
Hi, on page 531 I posted a pic of my Rose, shes missing the cover plate on the front and for the life of me I can't find one online to purchase. Grrrr. Has any one saw one for sale on line? Help! been looking off and on for almost a year. Thanks MisDixie
Get in touch with CD (ThayerRags)...I know he has a ton of donor machines from his post on another thread...I bet he'll be able to help you! :)
Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 AM

You're welcome! CD would be a good guy to deal with, I'd think! I haven't gotten anything from him...yet...but I wouldn't hesitate to do so if need be! :)

Thanks Charlee! sometime looking for stuff on line leaves me feeling like road kill on the information highway! and I should have saved myself a lot of wasted time and asked here sooner.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:34 PM

My Belair 929 (circa late 1950s?). Billy thinks she was made by Morse. She's a "dirty girl" and has seen a lot of use judging from the wear on the front of the bed. The foot controller was cut off and I had an EUREKA moment when I realized that I did have a foot control that came with the Plymouth, a model 15 Japanese clone, that I purchased last July. I plugged her in and she runs. Now to begin the deep cleaning and oiling she needs. BTW, a manual came with her. Whoohooo!

What is the red plastic thing in the shuttle case?

I think I will name her Marilyn after Marilyn Monroe.

Front view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272448[/ATTACH]

Back view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272449[/ATTACH]

Underneath showing shuttle case
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272450[/ATTACH]

Foot controller I used from other machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272454[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-272395.jpe   attachment-272396.jpe   attachment-272397.jpe   attachment-272401.jpe  
Old 10-16-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S
My Belair 929 (circa late 1950s?). Billy thinks she was made by Morse. She's a "dirty girl" and has seen a lot of use judging from the wear on the front of the bed. The foot controller was cut off and I had an EUREKA moment when I realized that I did have a foot control that came with the Plymouth, a model 15 Japanese clone, that I purchased last July. I plugged her in and she runs. Now to begin the deep cleaning and oiling she needs. BTW, a manual came with her. Whoohooo!

What is the red plastic thing in the shuttle case?

I think I will name her Marilyn after Marilyn Monroe.
Pretty girl! :)

If the "red thing" is felt, then it's an oil wick...just a drop of oil on it is good...
Old 10-16-2011, 12:47 PM

Nope, not felt. It is hard, red plastic. Never have seen that before.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:55 PM

Someone else will have to answer then! ;) :lol:

Maybe a spacer of some sort?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by ncredbird
I think I read somewhere on the vintage site that 15-91 and featherweight accessories were interchangeable. Can someone affirm or deny that for me please. Ann in TN
Are you talking about the presser foot attachments? Yes, they're interchangable. :)
Yes, any of the attachments such as ruffler, bias maker, and button hole maker etc that would work with either. Ann
Old 10-16-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S
Nope, not felt. It is hard, red plastic. Never have seen that before.
I've never seen that before either.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:53 PM

I almost paid $9 for a manual for my vintage Pfaff 1222 and more $$ for another Pfaff I just purchased. I'm glad I didn't!! I hunted and hunted and found this site with quite a few free manuals to download for many Pfaff Models. http://s2.vsmgroup.com/VSM/Pfaff/pfaffmanual.nsf