Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3085 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 2085 2585 2985 3035 3075 3084 3085 3086 3095 3135 3185 3585 4085 ... LastLast
Results 30,841 to 30,850 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    The way I figure it, if I need one of those little tags on something, it would be a whole lot cheaper to just pay somebody who already has one of those embroidery machines to make one. It would be a whole bunch less hassle and it sure wouldn't be cluttering up my house.
    If I knew of someone who had a machine and could do it for me, I'd pay good money. I only need 16 of those tags, and 5 that say "from mom....", and 3 that say "from great gram ... " so I guess you're right...why add another machine to the mix. I've heard they can cause headaches too and I already have a cause for them!! LOL! Thanks for pulling me out of the muck!
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
    If I knew of someone who had a machine and could do it for me, I'd pay good money. I only need 16 of those tags, and 5 that say "from mom....", and 3 that say "from great gram ... " so I guess you're right...why add another machine to the mix. I've heard they can cause headaches too and I already have a cause for them!! LOL! Thanks for pulling me out of the muck!
    can you make a wanted post on QB? I think that or FM the tags. I have a friend in Cincinnati says she charges $1 an inch. I can't buy a machine for that. I noticed Muv FMs words on some of her quilts - might just take practice - maybe do a heart and mom or something easy - use an embroidery hoop and practice - I bet by #16 you would have it down good.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Singer 319 in need of TLC Since this one somehow got on the radar in the picture section, I'm bringing it up here again. I've got it in almost running order. It has a bit of a tug on the thread when I turn the hand wheel still - it might work but just hand turning it makes it hard to tell. It needs power, whether E, HC or T, I don't know yet. Each has an issue. E needs wires. DH hasn't had time... HC needs some work on a wheel and treadling needs a treadle - I have nothing that will let it just drop in and treadle. Has anybody taken the top off an E cabinet and put it on a treadle base?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Singer 319 - needs power, whether E, HC or T, I don't know yet. ...HC needs some work on a wheel ....
    Hi Miriam,Test-fit a hand crank on your 319 before committing to that power type. If the 319 is like a 206, the boss is off-set to one side enough that the crank finger doesn’t match up with the center of the upper shaft and wheel....CD in Oklahoma
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by ThayerRags; 02-15-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    "I sew, I sew, so it's off to work I go!!!"
    ThayerRags Fabric Center
    http://thayerrags.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Maybe he'll surprise you with it Nancy!!
    Not a chance! He says I can not have anything else that requires a vet!

Congratulations Kathie - Wow 50 years!!!!!!

An Icelandic is a small horse. There is one for sale near me that is the cutest thing ever! Solid black with a long mane and tail and the grandkids and I could ride him!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Sounds like the bobbin case is in wrong or has turned...
    Bobbin case in wrong? oh my..this is going to cause a flurry of questions ....
    I will take another look this evening... fingers crossed... as I am itching to sew on this 15.

The 201 is bringing me more joy then I could have imagined and it doesn't even have a potted motor!!
    Last edited by justtrish; 02-15-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    “Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Happy Anniversary to all!
    Kathie congrats on 50 years!!!
    Happy Anniversary to everyone! We'll have 34 years in April.
    Sharon

Monica,
    I love your star, I relate to having problems with stars like this one not laying flat. I call them "D cups" when they do that. rofl
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    Name:  Kathie's Free Westinghouse.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  1.07 MBI am going to try and post Kathie's new Free Westinghouse, but for some reason it doesn't want to up load to our shop! Yeah! I had to shrink it, but it finally worked!
    Last edited by BoJangles; 02-15-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justtrish View Post
    Bobbin case in wrong? oh my..this is going to cause a flurry of questions ....
    I will take another look this evening... fingers crossed... as I am itching to sew on this 15.

The 201 is bringing me more joy then I could have imagined and it doesn't even have a potted motor!!
    201s are awesome machines! Is yours still with an external motor or in treadle? If you don't have it in treadle, you should.